You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#109334 problem applying styles : they are ticked but not applied

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 11 November 2021 09:52 GMT

AlainR
Hi.
We have several Styles in the drop-down menu from a style sheet dedicated to the editor. When we select several paragraphs and choose the style, it is checked in the list but it does not apply.

When we select several paragraphs and choose the style, it is checked in the list but it does not apply. I think this problem has been happening for some versions, unfortunately I don’t know which one, since the users did not provide me with the information right away.

Attachments

Ryan
This is working for me in tests on a local development site and on the demo site.

Are you able to reproduce this issue on the demo site? - https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

AlainR
Thank you for the answer.
Yes, I can reproduce on the demo site :
  1. I select a whole paragraph, i can add Styles
  2. and we see them in code
  3. when I select several paragraphs, I can add Styles
  4. but we cannot see them in code

Attachments

Ryan
Which browser are you using?

when I select several paragraphs, I can add Styles
but we cannot see them in code

How are you selecting these paragraphs?

Ryan Demmer

AlainR
Thank you for your answer.
It was the way to select which is problematic: click-swipe works, but a triple click to select results in the selected styles not being applied.
Thank you so much for the help and the solution.
Best regards.

Ryan
It was the way to select which is problematic: click-swipe works, but a triple click to select results in the selected styles not being applied.

Thanks for clarifying, I'll look into this.

Ryan Demmer

AlainR
However, it still works for only 1 paragraph, even if it is selected by triple clicks.

Ryan
Ok, I can confirm this issue if you make a multiple paragraph selection, and then attempt to apply more than one style from the Styles list. In my tests, only the first is applied.

If you re-select in between applying each style, it works, but this is not ideal.

Unfortunately this looks like quite a complicated issue, so it might take some time to solve!

Ryan Demmer