You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109382 No Container Element when pasting text into content

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 17 November 2021 10:09 GMT

webilicious
Hi Ryan,

I am a long time user and paid subscriber of JCE Editor and load JCE Editor on every website I build. I rarely have any issue (this is my first post here).

My current problem is on one client website where text pasted into content has no container element. Typing the text and pressing the enter key works fine.

This is a recent issue that I have not been able to solve despite comparing settings between the affected website and other websites that do not have the issue.

In particular, I have checked the following settings:
  • Components -> JCE Editor Pro -> Global Configuration -> Clipboard -> Container Element & Enter Key is set to Paragraph : Paragraph
  • Components -> JCE Editor Pro -> Profiles -> Default -> Features & Layout -> Markdown is not enabled
  • Components -> JCE Editor Pro -> Profiles -> Default -> Editor Parameters -> Advanced -> Protect Shortcode is not enabled
  • Components -> JCE Editor Pro -> Profiles -> Default -> Plugin Parameters -> Clipboard settings look reasonable to me

This is causing a particular issue at the moment as Regular Labs ReReplacer expects to see either <p> or <div> container elements to be able to make some replacements which are no longer working for the client.

The affected website is using JCE Editor Pro 2.9.17.

If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Thanks,

Neil

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.18 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

webilicious
Thanks Ryan,

I have installed JCE Pro 2.9.18 Beta 6 but this has not solved the issue.

Neil

Ryan
Can you post an example of the code you are pasting in, so I can test it?

Ryan Demmer

webilicious
Thanks Ryan,

An example of the pasted text is {video-640} although the issue happens whatever the text is e.g. xyz.

Ryan
An example of the pasted text is {video-640} although the issue happens whatever the text is e.g. xyz.

This appears to be working OK on the demo site - https://demo.joomlacontenteditor.net

Can you confirm this?

Ryan Demmer

webilicious
The demo site works fine for me.

Pasting via the "Paste" or "Paste as Plain Text" buttons seems to work around the problem so I have advised my client to do that in the meantime.

Thanks Ryan.

Ryan
I found a bug in previous versions of the JCE Pro 2.9.18 beta which may be a cause of the issue. Please try JCE Pro 2.9.18 Beta 9 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

webilicious
Hi Ryan,

That's fixed it, thanks so much for all your hard work!

Neil

Ryan
Great! JCE Pro 2.9.18 will be released next week.

Ryan Demmer