You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109573 Resize to 72 dpi not work - resize function width and height work

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by 2getonline.com on Friday, 26 November 2021 20:26 GMT

2getonline.com
Dear JCE team,

could you please help me, because the resize function does not work on my pages at 72 dpi. When uploading, I can reduce the size of the images and the Exif data are also deleted, but I always have a resolution of 300 dpi and not 72 dpi. I didn't find any help in the forum either.

I've tried it with me on different domains:
Joomla 3.10.3 (PHP 7.4.26) and Joomla 4.0.4 (PHP 8.0.13) with the current and previous versions of JCE Pro.
GD Libary is installed and enabled
Imagick Module is installed and enabled

Thx for your help

Attachments

Ryan
This is working in all my local tests and on a generic launch.joomla.org - https://launch.joomla.org/ - test site.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
I've just tested this on your site and it is working as expected. I uploaded a 300dpi file (drip-300.jpeg) and it was resampled to 72dpi.

The file DSC04956-HDR.jpg you have in the images folder of that site is also 72dpi, so I assume this was also resampled when you uplaoded it.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

2getonline.com
Hi Ryan,

now I found the problem. The upload works fine. If I go to the JCE Filebrowser and click to an pic, I can open it with the popup (icon eye). If I make an right click to it to make a picture copy and insert the pic to Gimp the are no exif data (x and y resolution) in the pic. So Gimp say to me, its a resolution of 300 dpi. Photoshop say to me its 72 dpi and Windows says to me its 96dpi - so that was the problem. If I download it via FTP or open it directly with the url of the image to Gimp or Photoshop it works very fine.

Thx for your help and a nice weekend

Mario