You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109882 Left Padding on Article Body

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by snapbug on Wednesday, 29 December 2021 15:31 GMT

snapbug
Working off of the default Joomla theme. Trying to get 20px global padding in the article body. I can add it via style in each article, but should be able to add it globally. I tried adding the following code to template.css

.com-content-article_body {
  padding-left: 20px;
}
Based on this: https://christianreligion.ws/img/padding_code.png Tried several variations, but can't get it to work. Can it be done? Regards, Sonnie

snapbug
I apologize... as I now realize this is the JCE Editor forum and not for Joomla support in general. I found the Joomla forums and will post there.

Regards,
Sonnie

Ryan
Please note that if you do find a suitable css rule for this, the result will not be visible in the editor, as there is no div with that class name in the editor layout.

You can add the class name to editor layout, and therefore apply the css to the editor body, by adding it to the Editor Class field in the Editor Global Configuration.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

snapbug
I've been using this in the editor, and it works.

<div style="padding-left: 20px; text-align: justify;">
I suppose I could add the padding code to the Editor Class and not have to worry about it since I want all of my articles to look the same. Regards, Sonnie