You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109897 Strange Effect Since Upgrading

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mberman14 on Thursday, 06 January 2022 15:36 GMT

mberman14
Another weird problem since upgrading to 2.9.18. I noticed as I was editing an article that some characters on the left side of the edit window seemed garbled. When I selected the text, I saw there were a bunch of white letters in a vertical row overlaying the text (see picture attached). When I zoomed in, I could see that they said, "Click to activate, cmd+click to toggle placeholder."

Any idea what's causing that?

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

Ryan
When I zoomed in, I could see that they said, "Click to activate, cmd+click to toggle placeholder."

This text should be displayed over a video preview placeholder. Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
Sent.

Thanks.

Ryan
In which article can I find this?

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Oh sorry. The latest one, that I'm still working on, is: Theme-4F

Ryan
I'm not seeing this in that article, which does not appear to contain a video item either. Any others?

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Yes, you are right, there are no videos in that article. There are, though, 2 audio files, and both times the weird text seems to appear near the button for the audio files. You can find them by looking for a speaker icon on the right side of the edit window, near which you will find the white text on the left vertically.

That is the only article I have worked on since upgrading.

Thanks.

Ryan
For some reason - I am unable to determine the source - the audio tag is hidden in article content on your site, so the Media Preview is not displayed correctly. The solution here is to disable Media Previews in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Media Support, so a placeholder is shown instead.

I have done this on your site.

Ryan Demmer

mberman14
Thanks -- that seems to have worked, though it certainly disrupts the wysiwyg in the editor. Thanks for the help!

Matt