You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#109927 [J4] Editor-xtd buttons do not open modal when editor is a custom field in another tab

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by nikosdion on Thursday, 13 January 2022 11:07 GMT

nikosdion
Hi!

This is Crystal, working on something for Nicholas again.

I have observed that when an editor is a custom field, and thus in a tab other than 'content', the editor-xtd buttons do not work. The modal-overlay is displayed, rendering the page unusable, but the modal sadly is not.

This is a JCE bug, not a Joomla bug, as it doesn't happen with the core tinyMCE editor.

I'm just disabling the xtd buttons for now for this use case, but thought you should know!

Thank you!
Crystal

Ryan
I have observed that when an editor is a custom field, and thus in a tab other than 'content', the editor-xtd buttons do not work. The modal-overlay is displayed, rendering the page unusable, but the modal sadly is not.

Are you referring to an editor in the Fields tab when editing an article, or in another custom field?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nikosdion
An editor in the fields tab (or other field group tab).

Ryan
I'm not seeing this in my tests. The editor buttons won't (or shouldn't) be displayed below the editor in editor fields, but you can add the "Joomla" button (the one with the Joomla logo as the icon), to move the buttons to a dropdown in the editor toolbar.

If you do this, do the modals open correctly?

Ryan Demmer

nikosdion
Hi Ryan,

The buttons do display below the editor in editor fields, especially if there are any 3rd-party extensions that add editors-xtd buttons. You can see a screen recording here: https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZAnc3XZ7XF8sQ3zet0F3rjLJ5zCOXslEG3y

The modals opened with the "Joomla" button do work. Does that button support 3rd party editor-xtd plugins, or is it core Joomla only? (I'd assume the latter)

Thank you!

Ryan
Ah, Joomla 4! This appears to be a Joomla 4 bug, as the same issue occurs when using another editor that displays buttons below the editor, such as CodeMirror.

The modals opened with the "Joomla" button do work. Does that button support 3rd party editor-xtd plugins, or is it core Joomla only? (I'd assume the latter)

It supports many 3rd party editor-xtd plugins, although it is impossible to test all.

Ryan Demmer

nikosdion
Ah, Joomla 4! This appears to be a Joomla 4 bug, as the same issue occurs when using another editor that displays buttons below the editor, such as CodeMirror.

Got it. I thought I had tested it with CodeMirror and it didn't happen, but I just tried again and it did in fact have the same bug. Sorry!

It supports many 3rd party editor-xtd plugins, although it is impossible to test all.

Of course. It's good to know it's a possibility. Thank you!