You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#109944 Another problem since upgrading

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by mberman14 on Friday, 07 January 2022 20:25 GMT

mberman14
I posted this at the end of the previous chain, but then noticed it had been marked as resolved, so figured I'd better repost.

Now I've found another weird thing about the latest update. In the Image Manager Extended, the popup url line has disappeared (see attached). Sometimes I need to have a picture showing on the page, but when you click on it another picture pops up. I've always been able to do this before in JCE by just putting a different url in the url field on the popup page. How do I do it now?

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

Ryan
This is not something that is happened in the update, but is the result of a setting you have enabled in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Image Manager Extended.

In the Popups section, you have selected JCE MediaBox Popups as the default value, which is why you are seeing a popup link created for each image you insert. To not have a default, ie: to not have a popup created for each image and allow for a selection of the Popup Type, set this to Not Set.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/109944-another-problem-since-upgrading.jpg

I noticed this when I logged in to your site for the other reported issue, but assumed you had set this for a reason.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
Yes, I did set that in the editor profile on purpose and for a reason (most of the pictures on the site pop up and it saves me a few clicks on every image), but it has never prevented the url field from appearing before. I did try changing it to Select Type for this particular item, but the url field did not appear -- all the other fields disappeared.

I just now tried changing that setting in profiles (though I would certainly prefer leaving it as is), and this is what I got. As you can see, all the other fields just disappeared.

Attachments

Ryan
Apologies, I misread your post. The missing URL field is the result of a change in Beta 4.

Please install JCE Pro 2.9.19 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mberman14
Yay, it's back.

Thanks,
Matt