You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#109975 How to add a specific uikit attribute to a video iframe ?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pmarty on Friday, 14 January 2022 10:55 GMT

pmarty
Hello,

I use Yootheme Pro for many clients' websites. Based on Uikit 3, it offers a number of interesting classes or attributes to easily format objects on a web page.
In the text flow of an article, I want to add a Youtube video with a large size, and which is also responsive. With UIKIT, we have to add to the iframe an attribute "uk-responsive", which is not a CSS class, as explained here: https://getuikit.com/docs/utility#responsive-objects
How to add this attribute with the JCE media manager?

Also, would it be possible to add this attribute systematically for any video integration? That is to say in the settings of the media manager plugin?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil

pmarty
Nobody has an idea?

Ryan
Unfortunately at the moment the only way to add addtional attributes to a video is to do it in the Code tab.

I realise this is not ideal, an I have been working on a solution for this over the last couple of days, where custom attributes will be able to be set in the Advanced tab of the Media Manager dialog, or set as custom Style Formats using the styles list.

I hope to have this ready for testing early next week.

FYI - I have made a plugin for making video responsive - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf_responsive_widgets - which you may find useful.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pmarty
Great news Ryan, thanks a lot for your work!
Before testing the new tab settings, I'll try your plugin.

Best regards