You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#110136 2.9.19 bug in php 7.2

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 02 February 2022 09:48 GMT

thirdsun
The file explorer and code view both show the attached error when using the latest version with php 7.2 Not sure about older versions, but changing to 7.4 fixed it.

Attachments

Ryan
Thanks for reporting. PHP 7.2 is "end-of-life" - https://www.php.net/eol.php - and we have updated the minimum requirement of PHP 7.4 for JCE to reflect this.

This specific issue will still be fixed in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

thirdsun
Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but then thought maybe it wouldn't install if 7.4+ was required. My issue is I have auto updates configured on mysites.guru and a few clients where changing php version is proving difficult.

Ryan
The weird thing is the bug causing the error does not appear to be a problem in PHP 7.4+ which is why it was not spotted. I can't test on every PHP version, so I tend to stick with the latest, ie: PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.1

If you are unable to change PHP version for some sites, I suggest sticking with JCE Pro 2.9.18 on those sites until you can. JCE Pro 2.9.20 will required PHP 7.4+

Ryan Demmer

IUSAB
[quotePost id="110141"]This specific issue will still be fixed in the next update.[/quotePost]

"Fixed" as in no way to install updates after 2.9.18 if php is less than 7.4 or fixed as in changes made so that it still works with 7.2.x

Ryan
"Fixed" as in no way to install updates after 2.9.18 if php is less than 7.4 or fixed as in changes made so that it still works with 7.2.x

This specific error will be fixed in JCE Pro 2.9.20 but versions after this will require PHP 7.4 or later.

Ryan Demmer