You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#110373 Youtube videos: subtitles off by default?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by fabio42 on Friday, 25 February 2022 12:04 GMT

fabio42
Hey! This is not kind of an issue but rather a question. Is it possible - when inserting a youtube video using the url - to toggle off the subtitles (when these are available of course), because when the user starts playing the video, the subtitles immediately appear, and this is kind of annoying. I read about adding

cc_load_policy=3
after the url but it does not seem to work. DO you know anything about that? Or have you got a trick? Thanks ! Fabio

Ryan
I only see a value of 1 to turn it on, so I would assume a value of 0 would turn it off - https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters#cc_load_policy

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fabio42
No, it does not work either ... any idea ?

Ryan
I can only make suggestions based on the Youtube API documentation. It might be worth further googling of this, to see if there is some other solution.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fabio42
It does not seem possible right now apparently. Found a workaround. Published the video on my youtube channel, and that was that. Thanks anyway.