You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#110475 Selecting div's - div containers - getting out of divs

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pontikos on Thursday, 03 March 2022 10:57 GMT

pontikos
Hi there!
The following things have always been a frustration for me.

1. When I choose to wrap a few paragraphs together with a container div - Then, how can I go and make a selection for that div - Let's say that I have a premade style that I would like to set/apply on that div. I can't select the div to make anything on it.
Whatever I try to get access to the div element does not work. I can only do it through the code editor. I also can't select it, to change it to another element or to remove it. And if that div is the last element in the editor's body, there is no way to escape from it. Anything I add from that moment, is always contained in that div.

2. When I use the templates plugin and I create a few html templates with some divs and paragraphs and have put some dummy content in there. I import the template into the editor and then starting typing to replace the dummy content. How can I escape from the template's divs? I can not find a way to get out from it and move below/after it, to create new content (e.g. a new paragraph) outside of the template.
So this is again similar to #1 - using divs in the editor.

So any advises here are appreciated. Thanks

Ryan
1. When I choose to wrap a few paragraphs together with a container div - Then, how can I go and make a selection for that div - Let's say that I have a premade style that I would like to set/apply on that div. I can't select the div to make anything on it.
Whatever I try to get access to the div element does not work. I can only do it through the code editor. I also can't select it, to change it to another element or to remove it.

Select the container DIV by clicking on it in the Path at the bottom of the editor. You can then apply a style using the Styles list, or remove it by selecting DIV (not DIV Container) from the Format list.

See - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/editor/selecting-text-and-elements

2. When I use the templates plugin and I create a few html templates with some divs and paragraphs and have put some dummy content in there. I import the template into the editor and then starting typing to replace the dummy content. How can I escape from the template's divs? I can not find a way to get out from it and move below/after it, to create new content (e.g. a new paragraph) outside of the template.
So this is again similar to #1 - using divs in the editor.

You can exit the container DIV by pressing ALT + Enter or ALT + DOWN, which will create a new paragraph outside and below the container DIV. Pressing ALT + UP will create the paragraph outside and above the container DIV.

Please install JCE Pro 2.9.21 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development - to fix a bug with the ALT + UP action.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pontikos
Thanks for the prompt response - I will try your instructions and I will post back if it still troubles me.