You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#110487 Video responsive in modal

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by josemh on Friday, 11 March 2022 16:37 GMT

josemh
Hello,
how do I make videos responsive in modal?
I have the plugin wf_responsive_widgets_1022 and full screen enabled but it doesn't work.
Take a look at this page: [url=<a href="https://www.virdminyons.cat/cercador/videos" target="_blank" rel="noopener">https://www.virdminyons.cat/cercador/videos</a>]
Click on the camera to see a video.

Thanks!
Jose

Joomla 3.10.6
JCE Editor 2.9.20
JCE MediaBox 2.1.3beta8
Responsive widgets 1.0.22

Ryan
I have the plugin wf_responsive_widgets_1022 and full screen enabled but it doesn't work.

As the videos are being opened in a modal window and not in article content, this plugin will have no effect.

JCE MediaBox 2.1.3beta8

Your videos aren't being opened in JCE MediaBox, which would make them responsive.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

josemh
Thanks!
Jose

josemh
Hello!
Now I open the page in JCE Mediabox but it doesn't work and there is also the problem that the videos are not shown because in the .wf-mediabox-content-ajax iframe class there is the property visibility: hidden

Take a look at this page: Title

Thanks!
Jose

Ryan
If you want the videos to be responsive, you should create popups of the youtube video using the Youtube URL, not linking to a page containing the youtube video.

Ryan Demmer

josemh
Yes, but apart from the videos, there may be other content and that is why I show the article.
Would there be a way to apply the plugin in the modal?
It is not so important to show the videos in full screen, the problem is when they are shown on a mobile.

Jose

Ryan
Would there be a way to apply the plugin in the modal?

If you are referring to the Responsive Widgets plugin, it does not appear to be active or published on your site.

Ryan Demmer

josemh
Hello,

The plugin is active.

Thanks!
Jose

Attachments

Ryan
Is the video on this page - https://www.virdminyons.cat/cercador/videos/video/4 - loaded in a Joomla Article Manager item, field or custom module?

Ryan Demmer

josemh
hello,
in an editor type field in the database, in a component programmed by me and that has a view to show it in the frontend.

Thanks!
Jose

Attachments

Ryan
The content needs to be processed through the onContentPrepare event to trigger the Responsive Widgets plugin, eg:

/* example from com_content component */
JPluginHelper::importPlugin('content');
JEventDispatcher::getInstance()->trigger('onContentPrepare', array ('com_content.article', &$item, &$item->params, $offset));

Ryan Demmer

josemh
Hi! I added these lines:

JPluginHelper::importPlugin('system');
$dispatcher = JEventDispatcher::getInstance();
if (!isset($this->item->text)) { $this->item->text = $this->item->arxiumultimedia; }
$dispatcher->trigger('onContentPrepare', array ('com_bdminyons.video', &$this->item, &$this->params, 0));
$this->item->arxiumultimedia = $this->item->text;
into the view.html.php file of the view and now the videos are responsive. Do you think it is the right thing? Thanks! Jose

Ryan
Do you think it is the right thing?

Yes that looks fine to me, and if it's working then I guess it is OK! 😃

Ryan Demmer

josemh
Thanks!
Jose