You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#110790 Not able to upload some images. Error: "The file is not a valid image."

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pwouda on Monday, 11 April 2022 14:20 BST

pwouda
Hi there,

Since this week we have problems with uploading some images via JC Filebrowser. We get the error "The file is not a valid image." We tried all kinds of preferences (chekc MIME type etc), but these images still give problems.

Thanks,
Peter

Attachments

Ryan
Are you able to upload these specific images with the Joomla Media Manager?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pwouda
I have to disable the "Restrict Uploads" in the Media Options, then uploads work in the Media Manager, but no thumbnail is made in the directory-listing (see screenshot in attachment).
And even with "restrict Uploads" disabled, I get the error in JC Editor uploads.

Strange, because when I use FTP to upload the images, the thumbnail is made in the Media Manager, so the image looks ok

Attachments

Ryan
I have to disable the "Restrict Uploads" in the Media Options, then uploads work in the Media Manager, but no thumbnail is made in the directory-listing

This does suggest a problem with the image(s). I would suggest opening them in an Image Editor application an resaving them.

And even with "restrict Uploads" disabled, I get the error in JC Editor uploads.

JCE does not use the Joomla options, and this part of the image validation performed by JCE on upload cannot be bypassed.

Ryan Demmer

pwouda
Hi Ryan,

I thought of that too, and opened the image in Adobe Photoshop. Did some small editing, and resaved them. Without any result.

The strange situation is that the same image can be uploaded on other websites that I made, that are on the same webserver. It looks like a specific problem for only one of my websites since some days.

pwouda
It looks like php thinks it is a text/html mime-type while the browser has the right mime/type image/jpeg

Attachments

Ryan
The strange situation is that the same image can be uploaded on other websites that I made, that are on the same webserver. It looks like a specific problem for only one of my websites since some days.

Do you have any extensions installed on this site that are not on the others? Something may be processing the image on upload which is causing the issue.

Ryan Demmer

pwouda
Thanks Ryan, you made my day! The problem was the plugin Easy Image Resizer by Kubik Rubik. Disabeling this plugin made uploads possible again.

Best regards,
Peter