In specific circumstances, the JCE File Browser gives a "404 Page not Found" error:
- In JCE Options > General options we've set the option "JCE File Browser in Image Fields" to: Yes.
- As a result of this, the JCE File Browser is called when editing an article and clicking on the button Select for an Intro or Full text image on the Images and Links tab .
- We've created a profile for frontend editing by the user group Publisher.
- If a Publisher is editing an existing article in the frontend, clicking the button Select works as expected.
- However, clicking the button in a new (not yet saved) article results in a 404 error in the dialog modal for the JCE File Browser.
When checking in the browser console, we see this:
Whan editing an existing article; this url is being called in the modal:
The result status of this call is 303, after which there is a redirect to:
When creating a new article, the url that is called is identical, except for the path tot the article:
However in this case there is a 404 status and the process stops there.