You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#110968 Specific issue with with Allow Root Access

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Krki on Friday, 06 May 2022 11:38 BST

Krki
Hello

For specific reason I needed to enable root access in JCE.
Client has 2 custom folders in root where they need to upload stuff (images and pdfs)
I restricted all other other folders, but sometimes they upload images and files in the root, which I need to clear from clutter.
I wonder, is there a way how to disable uploading images and other files into joomla root folder?
I have Latest Joomla 3 and JCE

Thanks,
Regards

Ryan
Client has 2 custom folders in root where they need to upload stuff (images and pdfs)
I restricted all other other folders, but sometimes they upload images and files in the root, which I need to clear from clutter.

In the Directory Filter option in Editor Profiles -> Filesystem, remove any entries you have already added, and add the 2 custom folders, with a plus sign in front of each. This will allow only access to these 2 folders, and attempting to upload to the root will generate an error.

For example:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/110968-specific-issue-with-with-allow-root-access.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Krki
Hi Ryan
Thanks, this was exactly what I needed :)
Regards