You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111021 RegularLabs Article Anywhere code modified

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 13 May 2022 11:07 BST

steph38
Hi, I am using Regular Labs Article Anywhere in order to create some pages. When I enter one off the AA code like :
{articles}
or
[Title]
It is automatically transformed into a shortcode entry and displayed as text and not rendered https://i.postimg.cc/5tD5XKHd/screenshot-215.jpg The "Protect Shortcode" is set to "Yes" in the default profile What can I do in order to get the AA extension code working in my articles ? I am using latest Joomla! 4.1.2 version and JCE 2.9.22 Pro (all other extensions are also up tot date) It is strange that with Joomla 3.xx (latest version) and latest version of JCE too, I never had such a problem with AA coding ... Thanks in advance for your help and advises, Stéphane

Ryan
If you click the toggle editor button (the little power button above the editor toolbar) to switch the editor off, before saving, what does the shortcode look like?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

steph38
Hello Ryan,

Have already done so, and no problem with the code execution...

But with JCE it is not possible... and this for any Regular Labs extension (Sourcer, Article Anywhere, ...)

Thanks for your help,
Stéphane

Ryan
It is automatically transformed into a shortcode entry and displayed as text and not rendered

This is done to protect the shortcode (so that it is not treated as text) and allow it to be edited. The code is not rendered in the editor, only when displayed int he front-end.

Ryan Demmer

steph38
[quotePost id="111037"]
It is automatically transformed into a shortcode entry and displayed as text and not rendered
This is done to protect the shortcode (so that it is not treated as text) and allow it to be edited. The code is not rendered in the editor, only when displayed int he front-end.[/quotePost] I do not agree with you, the code is not executed in the frontend... Try to execute this code line and see how JCE modify's it...

<a href="https://formation.e-synergisud.fr/index.php/nos-formations/nos-formations-toutes/evenementsparannee/CODE/68" >Nos Prochaines Sessions ></a></p>
And CODE is :

{source}<em>"opening php balise"</em> echo date('Y');<em>"close php balise"</em>{/source}
Cannot enter php code into your editor here on the forum...

Ryan
If you click the toggle editor button (the little power button above the editor toolbar) to switch the editor off, before saving, what does the shortcode look like?

Does it look intact, or has it been changed by the editor?

Ryan Demmer

steph38
It is totally changed... I have to rewrite it each time I close JCE (top left button in editor pane)

Ryan
What is the result if you set Protect Shortcode to No?

Ryan Demmer

steph38
Sorry for the delay, I had a customer on the phone...

Great idea !!

removing the protection solved the problem !

Many thanks !
Stéphane

Ryan
Good. It works in some situations, but the complexity of some shortcode examples makes it extremely difficult to make it stable for all, hence the "experimental" warning in the Protect Shortcode parameter description.

Ryan Demmer