You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111362 Custom Field Media JCE (Media Datei Browser) Preview Issue

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 01 July 2022 17:14 BST

troeb
Custom Field Media JCE (Media Datei Browser) won't show the image in the field if the extension has capital letters.
e.g.
ABC.jpg is ok

ABC.JPG can be selected, is shown in the file manager preview, is stored correctly, can be used in a layout etc. but won't show in the Custom Field Media JCE preview

J!4.1.5, JCE Pro 2.9.27

Additional question:
What is the upload button for? I is only showing up on existing Custom Fields, it's not there on "new" ones (created with + in repeatable subforms)?
I can select an image for uploading (looks like a standard HTML upload) but then nothing happens.
I think it should not be there at all, the user should only be able to upload via file/image manager with resize settings etc.

Ryan
Custom Field Media JCE (Media Datei Browser) won't show the image in the field if the extension has capital letters.
e.g.
ABC.jpg is ok

ABC.JPG can be selected, is shown in the file manager preview, is stored correctly, can be used in a layout etc. but won't show in the Custom Field Media JCE preview

This is a Joomla 4 bug. The JCE Media Field display is an extension of the Joomla Media Field, using the same layout. You should get the same issue if you use a custom Media field (not Media JCE).

What is the upload button for? I is only showing up on existing Custom Fields, it's not there on "new" ones (created with + in repeatable subforms)?
I can select an image for uploading (looks like a standard HTML upload) but then nothing happens.
I think it should not be there at all, the user should only be able to upload via file/image manager with resize settings etc.

This offers a quick way to upload and select an image without opening the File Browser (you can also drag and drop an image into the input field). The button is not available in repeatable fields due to limitations in the Joomla subform field rendering.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
e.g.
ABC.jpg is ok

You can fix this in the Joomla Media Options.

1. Go to Content -> Media, and click on the Options button.
  2. In the Legal Image Extensions (File Types) field, add JPG,jpeg,JPEG to the list.
  3. Click Save.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/111362-custom-field-media-jce-media-datei-browser-preview-issue.jpg

Ryan Demmer

troeb
The button is not available in repeatable fields due to limitations in the Joomla subform field rendering.
It is (showing up after one save), but it is not working. I'll hide it via CSS.

Ryan
[quotePost id="111367"]
The button is not available in repeatable fields due to limitations in the Joomla subform field rendering.
It is (showing up after one save), but it is not working. I'll hide it via CSS.[/quotePost]

This will be fixed in the next update.

Ryan Demmer