You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111457 including content plugins for "Preview" tab

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 20 July 2022 09:29 BST

rcarey
My client is asking that the preview pane display the resulting image/js that comes from some short-code that gets inserted through one of the bottom buttons. In this case, the client is referring to a Flipbook feature that has an editors-xtd plugin/button that will insert short-code text like

{FLIPBOOK index.php?option=com_edocman&view=document&id=1477}
and the content plugin at runtime replaces that short-code with the HTML/js so that an animated flipbook is shown instead of the short-code. Is there a way to have the preview pane run this content plugin (so that the short-code is replaced in "preview" as it is on the actual web page)? A "configuration" option is the most desirable, but if you can think of a code-level solution that I (as a developer) could implement, I'd like to hear any plausible suggestion.

Ryan
The Preview tab makes some attempt to process content through Content plugins, but it is not always successful because the preview is not a true front-end.

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Preview Tab, set Process Content to Yes.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.