You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111470 Unable to enter key

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 25 July 2022 11:07 BST

rslaliberte
Just started a brand new site from scratch, Joomla 4.1.5(?) not sure the exact version number, but installing my tools and I can not enter a key for JCE Pro... when I enter the key and click Save or Save and Close I get a 500.

Ryan
Go to System -> Updates Sites and click the Rebuild button.

Try and enter the key in again.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

rslaliberte
Ok, I tried that. It did not help, still get 500 error when trying to save.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I was able to update the key using the Update Sites method in Joomla 4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/subscription/using-the-subscription-key

I am not able to determine the cause of the 500 error. Do you have access to the site error log?

Ryan Demmer

rslaliberte
I am sorry I did not research... I likely could have found that myself. I'm sure I do have access to the logs, or I can get the vendor to provide them. Would you like to see them?

Since we're here, though.... the pre-update check is complaining about "System - JCE JCE Pro Extension Package". Can I safely ignore that, or should I disable something before I proceed with the upgrade? I have much more to do, so I am not in a rush for an answer. I should mention, in case its not obvious, this upgrade issue is on a different site!

Ryan
the pre-update check is complaining about "System - JCE JCE Pro Extension Package". Can I safely ignore that, or should I disable something before I proceed with the upgrade? I have much more to do, so I am not in a rush for an answer. I should mention, in case its not obvious, this upgrade issue is on a different site!

I'm not seeing this in a pre-update check on a test site. This is most likely due to an older cached version of the manifest file being used for the check, and it is nothing to worry about. You can safely proceed with the Joomla update with the latest version of JCE Pro installed.

Ryan Demmer