You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111503 disable removing of CSS classes

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by filterVERLAG on Wednesday, 27 July 2022 07:22 BST

filterVERLAG
Hey Ryan, how can I disable removing of css classes from e.g. bootstrap colums I added via Code-View? Every time I switch back to Editor "col-md-6" is replaced with "col-md"... see screenshot. Thanks!

Attachments

Ryan
When you create Columns, you select the Stack Width and Layout for the columns, which results in a set of classes being applied to the divs, eg: col-md.

Removing these classes, or adding others, will change the original layout and stack width, and adding some classes that are used by Columns to create these layouts, such as the col-md-6 value, will then change how the columns are processed.

If you want to add your own layout values, then I would suggest removing the data-wf-columns="1" attribute in the parent container, so that the layout is no longer processed as Columns, and you can add your own classes as required.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

filterVERLAG
Ok let me play a bit with that... using own classes like col-md-6 and col-md-6 for two columns ends up that "not programmer" users who edit the content item don´t see the columns and in most cases destroy the layout. Maybe I need to add that classes into my custom backend css... have a good day and thanks!