You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Wednesday, 27 July 2022
  5 Replies
  0.9K Visits
I have installed the JCE Pro on a Joomla website with the latest 3.10.X version.
So far it works, except for video I have an issue. I added a mp4 video in an own created modul and set the video to auto play. However it does not start automatically when the home page is opened (the module is only added to the home page). It looks as if it is starting sometimes on Firefox but not never in Chrome/Safari. Although both browser allow sound. Looks like chrome disabled autostart.
What can I do that the video starts automatically (is there a workaround)? Attached two screenshots.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Tony
more than a month ago
·
It seems that Chrome will always disable autoplay, except for muted videos - https://developer.chrome.com/blog/autoplay

In my tests, the video will autoplay in Chrome if it is muted.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan

Same on my site, as long as video is muted it autoplays. Looks like there are some workarounds based on your submitted google url.

Beste Regards
Tony
more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan

One other thing is that on iPhone Safari it does also no autostart. Can anything be done (video muted)?

I also realized that on Firefox and Safari the controls on the buttom right don't show up. On chrome it is displayed and video can be unmutted.

Best regards
Tony
more than a month ago
·
I also realized that on Firefox and Safari the controls on the buttom right don't show up. On chrome it is displayed and video can be unmutted.

I'm seeing all the controls in my tests.

more than a month ago
·
You might want to try this - https://github.com/widgetfactory/wf-plyr - a Joomla plugin of the Plyr media player, which will provide a uniform media player UI for all browsers, and might solve some issues.

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!