You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#111671 editor only working on frontend for super users

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by webwizardpro on Friday, 12 August 2022 20:57 BST

webwizardpro
The editor is not working on the frontend for any user group except super users. I have disabled JS Compression on my template. I have assigned the default profile to all user groups. I have cleared the site's cache and my browsers cache and cookies. In the configurations I have turned the toggle on and made the editor active by default. I have updated to the latest version of JCE. I have tried a different theme without results. It still will not load for a registered user or administrative user; only the super user. You can see the results in the attached screen capture. I am at a loss at this point and not sure where else to look. I would appreciate some direction or advisement on this issue. Thank you.

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

webwizardpro
Sent, thank you

webwizardpro
any feedback?

Ryan
This looks like a Community Builder issue. I can see that the editor has been loaded (even for non-Super Users) but has not been initialized.

Normally, in the Joomla Article Manager and others, the initialization is automatic, but Community Builder may be doing this independantly, as part of its own initialization process. We know that the editor is working with CB as it loads for the Super User, but why is CB not initializing it for others?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

webwizardpro
I'm not sure. I'll do some digging and see what I can find out. I'll get back with you next week if not this weekend. Thanks for having a look for me.