You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#111798 How to set the JCE Mediabox Lightbox as default option for any image

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by elephantix on Thursday, 08 September 2022 09:52 BST

elephantix
Hi folks,
i use the JCE editor with the Mediabox2 Extension within a Yootheme Pro installation. Now i have the problem that i need a way to add the mediabox2 functionality to every image that is placed with the JCE inside my content so that my client does not need to add this by selection in the respective tabs.
Is there any way to get this done? Is there a class that might be used to add this mediabox plugin to any image that has this class aplied even it was not added by the JCE Editor within my content?
Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
Best regards
Carsten

Ryan
In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Image Manager Extended, scroll down to the Popups section, and set the Default option to JCE MediaBox Popups.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/111798-how-to-set-the-jce-mediabox-lightbox-as-default-option-for-any-image.jpg

With this set, all images inserted with the Image Manager Extended will be inserted as MediaBox popups.
To disable this for an individual image, set the Popup Type option in the Image Manager Extended dialog Popups tab to Not Set when inserting that image.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

elephantix
Hey Ryan, thanks for your help! I just overscrolled this option multiple times :-).
I expect this does not apply for already imported images but for all future imports - right?
Thanks in advance! Best regards
Carsten

Ryan
I expect this does not apply for already imported images but for all future imports - right?

Yes, it will only affect newly inserted images, after the option is set.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

elephantix
THANKS!