You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Friday, 23 September 2022
  1 Replies
  707 Visits
Regarding the Default Edit Profile, the documentation says that the profile has to be assigned to at least one User Group or User. In my case, I would like it to be assigned to ALL user group. Therefore, everytime I create a new Usere Group, I need to remember (but mostly forget! :-)) to go into the default profile and add the new User Group.

Is it not possible to assign this profile to ALL User Groups, without having to specify each one?

Appreciate the feedback.
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
Is it not possible to assign this profile to ALL User Groups, without having to specify each one?

The problem with this, and the main reason why it is not available, is that an admin might assign the profile to All User Groups, not realising that this includes Guest and Registered groups (or other less privileged user groups), therefore potentially allowing these groups access to editor features that the admin had not intended them to use, a potential security issue.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer

The problem with this, and the main reason why it is not available, is that an admin might assign the profile to All User Groups, not realising that this includes Guest and Registered groups (or other less privileged user groups), therefore potentially allowing these groups access to editor features that the admin had not intended them to use, a potential security issue.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dhillock selected the reply #111895 as the answer for this post — 1 year ago
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!