You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111927 message with jce browser.php Bug on Joomla after upgrade joomla V4 ..... impossible to do anything now.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 01 October 2022 10:48 BST

Antony
Hi
I ve try to install jce last version after installing Joomla V4
- Installing joomla V4 was ok, but i was forced to desinstal components because warning compatibility message with V4 for JCE PRO and and elements create on my own (banners.... and Akeeba).
So i launch desinstall of akeeba / Jce pro and suppress all mys stuf personnal creations (banners ....). Then i launch joomla V4 installation, that s work and after Joomla V4 installation i try to reinstal jce pro and apparently jce pro hasn't desinstall correctly, so i re-launch desinstall of jce pro, and now i can't do anything from joomla administration pannel on my site .... for each option i click on any options buttons or link, i have this message :

"0 Failed opening required '/home2/Sites/<my site>/administrator/components/com_jce/helpers/browser.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php81/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php81/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')"

What can i do avoid this message ? i cant acces any option from joomla administrator pannel ..... Help ....

Ryan
Please do the following:

Using your FTP client or site management tools, delete the following folders:

administrator/components/com_jce
components/com_jce
media/jce
plugins/content/jce
plugins/editor/jce
plugins/installer/jce
plugins/extension/jce
plugins/quickicon/jce
plugins/system/jce

Download and install the latest version of JCE Pro - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/latest

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.