You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#111942 Embedding Video

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by bronpet on Friday, 07 October 2022 08:46 BST

bronpet
Hi,
We have problems to embed a video after installing JCE Pro...

1. We installed JCE core. Everything worked.
2. In oder to have more possibilities, I bought JCE Pro and installed it.
3. Result: Astroid framework deasappeared.
4. We had to reinstall Joomla 4 and a template (from Akeeba)
5. We deinstalled JCE Pro and installed JCE core instead
6. It looked ok for me until I tried to embed the video. Following messages turned up: a) Youtube rejected the access or b) administration error
7. Strange is, that on the plugin parameters, the sign for insert Media is not avalable and I cannot find under JCE Editor/profiles parameters.

How can I get the Enter Medium plugin? At the moment we will not try to install the JCE Pro again.

Many thanks

Attachments

Ryan
7. Strange is, that on the plugin parameters, the sign for insert Media is not avalable and I cannot find under JCE Editor/profiles parameters.

The Media Manager dialog and butotn is only available in JCE Pro - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/purchase

You can paste media HTML (Youtube iframe html etc.) into the Code tab in JCE Core, but all editing must be done in the Code tab.

2. In oder to have more possibilities, I bought JCE Pro and installed it.
3. Result: Astroid framework deasappeared.

I am not aware of any issue with JCE Pro and the Astroid framework, and have successfully tested the latest version of both in Joomla 4.2

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bronpet
Thank you for the quick reply. Since I bought JCE Pro and I am convinced of the product... should I install it after all. Best procedure: Uninstall JCE Editor and reinstall JCE Editor PRO?
Another question: Under Configuration/JCE Editor/Update Options. Is it important to enter the subscription key of JCE PRO there?
Many thanks.

Ryan
Since I bought JCE Pro and I am convinced of the product... should I install it after all. Best procedure: Uninstall JCE Editor and reinstall JCE Editor PRO?

You can install it over JCE Core. Then add the Pro features you want - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/pro-buttons-missing-after-upgrade

Under Configuration/JCE Editor/Update Options. Is it important to enter the subscription key of JCE PRO there?

You can either add in the JCE Editor options or in the Joomla System -> Update Sites. See - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/subscription/using-the-subscription-key

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bronpet
Many thanks. It works properly now 😃 .