You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#112049 How Add a "Key Takeways" section in articles

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 24 October 2022 17:11 BST

okynnor
Hi,

I'm wondering how I would go about in creating a Key Takeways or Key Points section to each article. I think my question is more about the format. How do I format by using JCE do it?

How do I add two angle squares as shown in the example I've attached?
The title header is important too.
I'd position it in the same way Investorpedia has already on my Joomla site article.

I suppose that I would write the content bullets.

Thanks.

Attachments

Ryan
A simple bit of HTML that you could re-use, inserted at the top of any new article, eg:

<div class="key-points">
    <h3>Key Points</h3>
    <ul>
        <li>Point 1</li>
        <li>Point 2</li>
        <li>Point 3</li>
    </ul>
</div>
You can style it using a css rule in your template stylesheet:

.key-points {
    border: 1px solid red;
    padding: 5px;
    width: 100%;
}

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

okynnor
Thanks, Ryan, for the sample code. I was able to modify, customize and implement the CSS and HTML.

Since this going to have to be done for every article past and present, is there a way to build a "shortcut" button so to add this HTML each time and/or without having to switch to HTML mode in JCE?

Any time saved in productivity will be very gracious.

Ryan
Since this going to have to be done for every article past and present, is there a way to build a "shortcut" button so to add this HTML each time and/or without having to switch to HTML mode in JCE?

Add the Template Manager button to the editor toolbar, with the Key Points code already added to the editor content, click the Template Manager button to open it.

Click the New Template button to open the Text Editor, and click the Save button in the bottom right corner. Name the file and click Save, then close the Text Editor window.

Close the Template Manager.

Refresh the page.

Click on the dropdown arrow on the Template Manager button, and select the new file you have created. This will insert the html content into the editor at the cursor position.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.