You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#112142 Styles list in the editor toolbar does not open?!

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by aqubo on Wednesday, 09 November 2022 14:42 GMT

aqubo
Hi,
since the last update to 2.9.30 the styles does not work any more in the editor. Any help?

I am using Joomla 4.2.4 with PHP-Version 8.1.11 and JCE Pro 2.9.31.

Regards
Andy

Ryan
Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

aqubo
I am using tp_snowflake from joomlaplates!

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Templates based on the Astroid framework (which the Joomlaplates templates use) use a compiled stylesheet file, which is only generated when the site front-end is loaded.

JCE uses tihs compiled css file to style the editor content and generate the Styles list.

By viewing the front-end of your site, you create this compiled css file, which I have done on your site.

Ryan Demmer

aqubo
Hi Ryan

Thanks for your quick help.
It works now. Do I have to do something in the future (after an updadte or so?) or will it now work "forever"?

Ryan
It works now. Do I have to do something in the future (after an updadte or so?) or will it now work "forever"?

If you make any changes to your template, just load the front-end of your site to re-compile the css file. JCE will always use the latest compiled css file.

Ryan Demmer

aqubo
What do you mean with "...just load the front-end of your site to re-compile the css file"?

Ryan
[quotePost id="112149"]What do you mean with "...just load the front-end of your site to re-compile the css file"?[/quotePost]

Your template compiles or re-compiles the various css files it uses into one file, which it loads in the front-end. It will re-compile this file anytime you make changes to the template, and this is done when you visit the front-end of your site.

Ryan Demmer

aqubo
OK. Now I understand. Thanks.

aqubo
Hi Ryan,

I made some changes at the custom.css file and now the style list does not work any more again.
I tried to everything I could find about this issue but nothing worked (I visited the front-end as you said, I cleared all the caches I could find etc., but nothing worked?!).
Can you explain me exactly what you did get it work again?!

Regards
Andy

Ryan
This is fixed on your site now.

In Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Typography, I cahnged the Editor Styles option to Add, so the custom.css file is added to the list with the template stylesheet.

Also, in the Editor Global Configuration, the Editor Styles option should be set to Template CSS Files.

Ryan Demmer

aqubo
Hi Ryan,

thanks again for your help.
It is really appreciated.

Regards
Andy