You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112157 Custom field content

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ninehundred on Wednesday, 09 November 2022 10:10 GMT

ninehundred
Hi,

I'm using MediaBox for images and videos.

To try and keep consistency on my popups, I'm wondering if it is possible to render a paragraph and unordered list from a custom field using MediaBox?

I know it's probably no given it's not media but thought I'd ask!

Thank you.

Ryan
Are you wanting to show some existing site content in a MediaBox?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ninehundred
Hello Ryan.

I am creating articles for products that will be displayed as boxes. As the product description varies in length, to keep the boxes the same height I want to have a "More information" button that when clicked will display the information in a MediaBox. The information would come from a custom field.

Thank you.

Ryan
You can load any content into MediaBox that you can link directly to, eg: an article with a link like index.php?option=com_content, but I don't think fields can be displayed directly using a link.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ninehundred
Morning Ryan!

Thanks for the reply. Custom Fields are good but not without limitations it seems.

Thank you for taking a look at it and for the tip on loading content in with an url.

Regards,