You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Monday, 21 November 2022
  6 Replies
  0.9K Visits
JCE Pro version 2.9.32 /Joomla 4.2.5 and PHP 8.1

It occurs that in the Images and Links section, if you create a new folder the popup freezes and does not go ahead, even if the folder is created.
To view it, close the popup, go back and reopen the Images and Links tab.

These are the errors reported in the console:
Uncaught TypeError: Joomla.renderMessages is not a function
at Notifications.notify (media-manager.min.js?41349ab7c112a7dc4604ebd5568a311d0c57880f:1:80540)
at Notifications.success (media-manager.min.js?41349ab7c112a7dc4604ebd5568a311d0c57880f:1:80346)
at onSuccess (media-manager.min.js?41349ab7c112a7dc4604ebd5568a311d0c57880f:1:103942)
at n.onreadystatechange (core.min.js?bea7b244e267b04087cedcf531f6fe827a8e101f:1:6213)

Video Recording Screen: youtu.be/n5GFW_rrQxc

We test ist with the templates from joomlaplates (astroid framework) and shaper helix ultimate.
With cassiopeia is everthing ok.

If you set the image fields to yes in the jce options, everything works in the frontend. If you set it to no, the joomla media manager will not run properly.

Kind regards,
Dirk
JP-Admin
Joomla-Master forum.joomla.de/
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
In my tests on a new Joomla 4.2 site, where JCE has not been installed, the Joomla Media Manager issue you descibe is still present win Astroid and Helix templates, but not in Cassiopeia.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
This appears then to be a bug with the Joomla Media Manager, and not with JCE, and may be related to the template you are using (as it works with Cassiopeia).

more than a month ago
·
It's too easy for me to name the media manager or the templates from JP or helix ultimate (which are used by many users of all things) as the reason. I believe that when you switch the jce options to using the media manager for displaying images, parts of jce are still active. Also the tynimce has the same problem when jce is installed. If JCE is uninstalled everything works again. Disabling the JCE-plugins is not enough. There are still some users who prefer to use the Joomla media manager as an image display, even though the JCE is better.
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
In my tests on a new Joomla 4.2 site, where JCE has not been installed, the Joomla Media Manager issue you descibe is still present win Astroid and Helix templates, but not in Cassiopeia.

more than a month ago
·
Thanks Ryan.
I poste the problem to Joomla Forum and make open an issue on github.
WM-Loose selected the reply #112380 as the answer for this post — 1 year ago
more than a month ago
·
It might be better to contact the template developers about this, as the issue appears to be caused there.

more than a month ago
·
OK i contact Joomlaplates.
Helix ist not my favorit ;)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!