You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#112516 Choose different image resize options on upload

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ekki777 on Thursday, 27 April 2023 16:37 BST

SigridGR
Hi,
I would like to offer my client different upload sizes as default. and then they can choose, in which sizes they want to upload.
see yellow marks in image.
Right now it seems it is only none or all as default state.

Thanks
Sigrid

Attachments

Ryan
I'm looking into this for a future update, probably using checkboxes to enable / disable each of the resize sets. Have to figure out the best UI approach for it so it is not too cluttered and confusing.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
This has been added in JCE Pro 2.9.33 RC6 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

SigridGR
Hi Ryan,
great - I just tested it.
The activating and deactivating works!
However, the "crop to fit" is ignored

Attachments

Ryan

This works in all my tests. Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

ekki777
[quotePost id="112806"]

This works in all my tests. Please send me a login -

Attachments

Ryan
The dialog in your screenshot is of the standard Image Manager, which does not have the resize options. You need to add the Image Manager Extended to your editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout, for example: https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/pro-buttons-missing-after-upgrade

Ryan Demmer

ekki777
[quotePost id="113635"]The dialog in your screenshot is of the standard Image Manager, which does not have the resize options. You need to add the Image Manager Extended to your editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout, for example:

Attachments

Ryan
You have both the Image Manager and Image Manager Extended buttons in the editor toolbar. Are you sure you are clicking on the Image Manager Extended button to open the dialog?

I suggest removing the standard Image Manager button from your editor toolbar to avid confusion.

Ryan Demmer

ekki777
Thanks Ryan.
I will try that but I have no idea which buttons are from the IM and which one from the IM Extended. How can I find this out?

ekki777
I did just find it and it works!!!
Thank you very much, Ryan!

[quotePost id="113640"]You have both the Image Manager and Image Manager Extended buttons in the editor toolbar. Are you sure you are clicking on the Image Manager Extended button to open the dialog?

I suggest removing the standard Image Manager button from your editor toolbar to avid confusion.[/quotePost]

I did just find it and it works!!!
Thank you very much, Ryan!