You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Monday, 19 December 2022
  12 Replies
  1.6K Visits
When I edit an article, and do a copy/paste, it will lock the page. I get a message do I want to wait or exit the page. Waiting does no good because it never works again, and the only option is to exit which means all changes are lost. I get this in a Joomla 4.x site. I've uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it, but that does no good. I still have the problem.

The error message says: Page Unresponsive, you can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page. Articles: Edit - Three Rivers Community Health Group - Administrat...

The buttons are Wait or Exit Page. Wait never does anything, and Exit Page loses all changes made.

I set up a profile just for webmaster, and moved it to the top of my list of profiles, but that didn't help. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions on what I could do? This only happens in a Joomla 4 website.

Thanks,
Pat Vanden Bosche

article-edit-screenshot.jpg
more than a month ago
·
Does this happen with all pasted content, or just a specific source?

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
As is seen in the screenshot, I had just highlighted the text, and usually I do a Ctrl+C to copy, and then tried to do Ctrl+X to remove, and that is when this happens. Half the time I do it so much, I forget the page will get stuck. Usually I can do it in the code view, but definitely not the regular view.
more than a month ago
·
It happens when the source is within the article.
more than a month ago
·
I am not able to reproduce this error. Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
I've sent you the information. I tried it again just to make sure it still malfunctioned.

Go to the article "Ready to Get Health Insurance?" to edit it.
Highlight text, copy, worked a few times, but I was getting an information box that I copied something. After a few attempts, the warning box no longer came up, but now the screen freezes. I tried copying with Ctrl+C and rightmouse click. Happened both ways.
more than a month ago
·
I'm not able to reproduce the error, tested in Firefox and Chrome. I made multiple copies of the content using successive copy/paste actions to create a very large content set, but everything copied and pasted as expected, without generating any error.

Highlight text, copy, worked a few times, but I was getting an information box that I copied something.

Which browser are you using? That "information box" sounds like a browser extension or some OS feature?

more than a month ago
·
I use Chrome and Firefox, but was using Chrome when the message box came up. I do a lot of copying from other sites, which grabs the code back behind the text on the screen... and then I modify what I've grabbed, and this may leave a lot of code behind that could be causing issues. Is there a setting which I have failed to set on (or off) that could cause system messages to appear? It's driving me crazy. But I know if you can't recreate the issue, then it can't get fixed.

Thanks,
Pat

screenshot-patdevelopment.com-2022.12.20-08_21_36.jpg
more than a month ago
·
Is there a setting which I have failed to set on (or off) that could cause system messages to appear? It's driving me crazy.

Is this not a system message from your Anti-virus software or similar? It doesn't look to me like a Windows or browser message.

more than a month ago
·
Ryan you are right. It's a message from Malwarebytes Browser Guard

see https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/283862-browser-guard-pop-up-hey-did-you-just-copy-something/
more than a month ago
·
I have removed Malware Bytes from my computer, using Vipre now. I'll run this for a while and see if I still have the issue. Thanks!!

and Merry Christmas!

Pat
more than a month ago
·
It has been almost a week now, and I can honestly say JCE is running better now that I removed Malwarebytes from my computer. I'm using Vipre, and so far I haven't had any conflicts. Great catch, Ryan!

May 2023 be an even better year for all of us. Stay safe!

Pat
Ryan marked this post as Resolved — 1 month ago
one week ago
·
There was an update to JCE about a week ago, and the copy/paste issue is back. I removed Malwarebytes from my system earlier and that resolved the issue, but now it is here again, and literally makes it impossible to copy/paste in an article, and I do a lot of copy/paste when editing an article. What else can be interfering with the JCE editor?
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!