You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#112676 Copy/paste in an article locks the page

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by patvb on Monday, 20 February 2023 19:03 GMT

patvb
When I edit an article, and do a copy/paste, it will lock the page. I get a message do I want to wait or exit the page. Waiting does no good because it never works again, and the only option is to exit which means all changes are lost. I get this in a Joomla 4.x site. I've uninstalled the extension and reinstalled it, but that does no good. I still have the problem.

The error message says: Page Unresponsive, you can wait for it to become responsive or exit the page. Articles: Edit - Three Rivers Community Health Group - Administrat...

The buttons are Wait or Exit Page. Wait never does anything, and Exit Page loses all changes made.

I set up a profile just for webmaster, and moved it to the top of my list of profiles, but that didn't help. I'm at a loss. Any suggestions on what I could do? This only happens in a Joomla 4 website.

Thanks,
Pat Vanden Bosche

Attachments

Ryan
Does this happen with all pasted content, or just a specific source?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

patvb
As is seen in the screenshot, I had just highlighted the text, and usually I do a Ctrl+C to copy, and then tried to do Ctrl+X to remove, and that is when this happens. Half the time I do it so much, I forget the page will get stuck. Usually I can do it in the code view, but definitely not the regular view.

patvb
It happens when the source is within the article.

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this error. Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

patvb
I've sent you the information. I tried it again just to make sure it still malfunctioned.

Go to the article "Ready to Get Health Insurance?" to edit it.
Highlight text, copy, worked a few times, but I was getting an information box that I copied something. After a few attempts, the warning box no longer came up, but now the screen freezes. I tried copying with Ctrl+C and rightmouse click. Happened both ways.

Ryan
I'm not able to reproduce the error, tested in Firefox and Chrome. I made multiple copies of the content using successive copy/paste actions to create a very large content set, but everything copied and pasted as expected, without generating any error.

Highlight text, copy, worked a few times, but I was getting an information box that I copied something.

Which browser are you using? That "information box" sounds like a browser extension or some OS feature?

Ryan Demmer

patvb
I use Chrome and Firefox, but was using Chrome when the message box came up. I do a lot of copying from other sites, which grabs the code back behind the text on the screen... and then I modify what I've grabbed, and this may leave a lot of code behind that could be causing issues. Is there a setting which I have failed to set on (or off) that could cause system messages to appear? It's driving me crazy. But I know if you can't recreate the issue, then it can't get fixed.

Thanks,
Pat

Attachments

Ryan
Is there a setting which I have failed to set on (or off) that could cause system messages to appear? It's driving me crazy.

Is this not a system message from your Anti-virus software or similar? It doesn't look to me like a Windows or browser message.

Ryan Demmer

hardys
Ryan you are right. It's a message from Malwarebytes Browser Guard

see https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/283862-browser-guard-pop-up-hey-did-you-just-copy-something/

patvb
I have removed Malware Bytes from my computer, using Vipre now. I'll run this for a while and see if I still have the issue. Thanks!!

and Merry Christmas!

Pat

patvb
It has been almost a week now, and I can honestly say JCE is running better now that I removed Malwarebytes from my computer. I'm using Vipre, and so far I haven't had any conflicts. Great catch, Ryan!

May 2023 be an even better year for all of us. Stay safe!

Pat

patvb
There was an update to JCE about a week ago, and the copy/paste issue is back. I removed Malwarebytes from my system earlier and that resolved the issue, but now it is here again, and literally makes it impossible to copy/paste in an article, and I do a lot of copy/paste when editing an article. What else can be interfering with the JCE editor?

Ryan
I've made a few changes to some Paste functions that may assist you here. Please download and install JCE Pro 2.9.34 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Then, copy your content in the normal way using CTRL + C, but when pasting, click on the Paste icon in the toolbar to open the Paste dialog. Paste the content into the window and click Insert.

Does this help?

Ryan Demmer

patvb
Thanks, Ryan. I'll install it and see if that works better. I guess if you don't hear from me, that's good news!

Pat