You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112679 Basic Dialog option for File Manager?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by ayeayedesign on Wednesday, 21 December 2022 22:11 GMT

ayeayedesign
Hi,

I really like the Basic Dialog options for the Image and Links manager, as they will enable me to make things super simple for my clients, and I can deal with image re-sizing etc. by other means so they don't have to think about that.

Are you planning to add a Basic Dialog option for the File Manager? It would be great if it could be the same as the image manager one, with options to upload or browse files, and then would respect the File Manager plugin settings such as adding a PDF icon for example.

If the above is a long time off, I wonder if good solution in the meantime may be perhaps to add a 'browse' file manger button to the existing 'Basic Dialog' for Links.

I suppose actually the Basic Image manager as it is could used for file uploads, but my clients wouldn't know that.

Thank you very much for your time, and have a lovely Christmas!

Jen

Ryan
If the above is a long time off, I wonder if good solution in the meantime may be perhaps to add a 'browse' file manger button to the existing 'Basic Dialog' for Links.

Please try JCE Pro 2.6.33 RC2 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

I have added a File Browser button to the Link dialog URL field. I will look into the File Manager Basic Dialog in the new year.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ayeayedesign
Wonderful! Thank you 😃

I have tested and it works good. Just a couple of things I noticed in testing:

1. If you click on the icon to open the file browser, then close the file browser (without selecting a file), then click on the icon a second time, verification on the URL field is triggered and the file manager does not open. (see screenshot).
2. Perhaps there could be a 'File Directory Path' option added to the 'Link' plugin parameters so this can be set to a downloads folder without changing the root file browser path.

I think this is a actually now a really good way for people to easily add download links, but would good to have a basic version of the file manager in the future too.

Thanks again, it is really appreciated,

Jen

Attachments

Ryan
1. If you click on the icon to open the file browser, then close the file browser (without selecting a file), then click on the icon a second time, verification on the URL field is triggered and the file manager does not open. (see screenshot).

This should be fixed now in JCE Pro 2.9.33 RC 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after install.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ayeayedesign
Working perfectly now - thanks again! 😃