You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112713 Styles without styles?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 29 December 2022 13:25 GMT

ant
Hi Ryan, I just upgraded my first site to Joomla 4. I have an issue with an article where I see different fonts and styles even though nothing but <p> is applied in the article code.
It's the first time this happens to me.

This is the page: https://www.tommasofiore.it/iniziative/462-presentazione-del-libro-chierici-sperimentatori-rivoluzionari-storia-dell-universita-di-altamura-2

Attachments

Ryan
I assume you are referring to the words ๐๐š๐ซ๐›๐š๐ซ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฎ๐œ๐œ๐ข "๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ช, ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช, ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ป๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช" ?

As you can see I have been able to copy and paste the words here using the same "styles". This is because those particular words are in unicode text format, not in a standard latin ISO 8859-1 character set.

To remove those styles, you would need to rewrite the text.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

ant
Thanks you. Is there an option to clean/convert them when user uses copy/paste? Something like โ€œremove spanโ€.

Ryan
[quotePost id="112716"]Thanks you. Is there an option to clean/convert them when user uses copy/paste? Something like โ€œremove spanโ€.[/quotePost]

No. Although it is technically possible to do, it is not feasible, as there is no simple way to convert the unicode text into standard ISO 8859-1 characters, without the use of a very large and complex table of mapped values.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.