You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112730 Missing editor profiles icon in backend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 03 January 2023 10:00 GMT

Giuse
Hi, in the backend the Profiles icon is missing, looking at the source code it seems to me that there is a conflict between icoMoon and Fontawesome that I use and load in my site?

<span class="fa fa-users icon-users" aria-hidden="true" role="presentation"></span>
infact if I delete "fa fa-users" it works using icomoon. thanks Giuse

Attachments

Ryan
This will be fixed in the next update.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Giuse
Ok, can we abandon incombono and use only fontawesome since joomla v4 did that at least for the front-end?
Cheers

Ryan
The JCE Administration uses the icon format of the rest of the Joomla Admin area, so the fix would be:

<span class="icon-users" aria-hidden="true" role="presentation"></span>

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Also, why is your site loading a different font-awesome library in the Joomla admin? This is causing the original conflict issue.

Ryan Demmer

Giuse
Hi, the site is loading fontawesome in backend since content (articles) are using those icons

Ryan
[quotePost id="112741"]Hi, the site is loading fontawesome in backend since content (articles) are using those icons[/quotePost]

Article content is only ever shown inside an editor window, which is within an iframe, so it would not be affected by the loaded icons.

I have reverted the change I mentioned above as this is not a JCE issue, but a conflict from a 3rd party extension / asset.

Ryan Demmer

Giuse
Sorry, I am not getting the point: in J3 with standard Joomla backend template "isis", JCE is adding the Users icon as

class="fa fa-users icon-users"
that is the typical syntax for fontawesome but the icons are taken from icomoon since isis css sets font-family with

[class^="icon-"]:before,
[class*=" icon-"]:before {
	font-family: 'IcoMoon';
	font-style: normal;
	speak: none;
}
this is not an issue of JCE? thanks

Ryan
Joomla 4 uses a combination of icon- and fa- syntax for font icons, so JCE uses both to provide full compatability with J3 and J4.

If you are going to load additional assets into the Joomla admin, you need to accept that your additions might affect installed extensions, and it should not be the responsibility of the extension developers to accomodate your changes.

The easy fix here is for you to not load those fonts globally into the Joomla admin, where they are not needed.

Ryan Demmer

Giuse
Sorry, I can't agree: also in J4 JCE uses icomoon for control panel icons and not fontawesome, so why invoking fontawesome? At least it is unuseful to trigger css that is not relevant to what needs to be displayed and causes possible conflict, exactly like in this case. Look at the file browser icon (in the control panel): it is now

<span class="fa fa-picture icon-picture" aria-hidden="true" role="presentation"></span>
[list] [*]try to delete "fa fa-picture" => nothing happens since this fontawesome class it is redundant; [*]try to delete "icon-picture" => icon disappears, because JCE is using only this icomoon syntax. [/list]. So my question is: why adding unuseful classes that can lead to conflict, by the way with fontawesome that is so widely used? I don't want to be pedantic, so I will not insist any more but I seem the way icons in the control panels are invoked is not "clean". thanks for your patience

Ryan
I will investigate again if it is possible to make the change without affecting the icon display in all Joomla versions, with different admin templates.

If it is, then it will be included in the next update.

Ryan Demmer