You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#112927 moving an image or a document (pdf) to a different folder

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 30 January 2023 14:38 GMT

davidascher
I see this in the release notes for version 2.9.11 of JCE Editor Pro
" then make changes in the Image Manager that affect that image, eg: renaming it or moving it to a new folder, "
dates
I don't see any way to move an image from one folder to anothe image manager in JCE Pro 2.9.33n . What am I missing?
(by the way, do you plan to update the release notes for versions since 2.11? )
thanks for keeping this a most valuable extension

hardys
As far as I am aware you can cut the file and then chose another folder and paste the file there.

davidascher
I would be more than happy to accept your answer if you could describe where there is anything that looks like a cut or copy or paste icon. All I see is a delete button for deleting selected files and, if I click on the 3 dots next to an item, a menu showing Preview, Download, Rename, Edit, Get Link, and Delete .

Attachments

Ryan
The screenshot you have posted is of the Joomla Media window, not the JCE File Browser.

You can access the JCE File Browser from the JCE Control Panel, or from Components -> JCE Editor Pro -> File Browser (see below).

Here I move a file by selecting it, clickin the Cut button, navigating to the folder I want to move it to, then pressing the Paste button.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/112927-moving-an-image-or-a-document-pdf-to-a-different-folder.gif

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

davidascher
I see now that I have been confused by the naming. The release notes refer to the "Image Manager" but that should actually say "JCE File Browser". I had never used the JCE File Browser to do anything with pdf docs (or anything other than images) before, so it was easy to confuse "Image Manager" with "Media Manager". I must need a vacation.

Thank you for that very simple, clear, and complete clarification.

Ryan
[quotePost id="112942"]I see now that I have been confused by the naming. The release notes refer to the "Image Manager" but that should actually say "JCE File Browser". I had never used the JCE File Browser to do anything with pdf docs (or anything other than images) before, so it was easy to confuse "Image Manager" with "Media Manager". I must need a vacation.

Thank you for that very simple, clear, and complete clarification.[/quotePost]

The Image Manager, Media Manager, File Manager etc. that you access from the JCE Editor toolbar all include a version of the File Browser, with the same functions.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.