You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113126 Issue with Responsive Widgets

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 24 February 2023 19:26 GMT

sageman
Hello Ryan,
on a Joomla 4 site, we are using Responsive Widgets (v1028) to make Youtube videos responsive and use the "play after click".
Now we are experiencing a collision with another component: Simple Social Media Stream, which we use to show Instagram Streams in a slider on the homepage.
Whenever I turn on "Responsive Widgets", the streams go full-width and content is missing.
This happens even when I assign Responsive Widgets only to the specific menu item where the videos are located (and exclude from the homepage).
I thought this would deactivate the plugin on other pages, but this does not seem to be the case?

Regards
Richard

Ryan
This happens even when I assign Responsive Widgets only to the specific menu item where the videos are located (and exclude from the homepage).
I thought this would deactivate the plugin on other pages, but this does not seem to be the case?

Please post a link to an example.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

sageman
Startpage with the Simple Social Media Stream AND Responsive Widget active: kjr.1stage.de
Page with Youtube iframes: kjr.1stage.de/aktuelle-projekte/jugendkonferenz.html

Startpage WITHOUT Responsive Widget: kjr-bb.1stage.de
(I am using 2 Click Youtube Videos Pro - 2CYV plugin instead, but would rather use Responsive Widget
You can see that even here, the Instagram frame goes full width while loading, but then gets corrected, so maybe it is just the order in which JS is being loaded.

As this is staging, I can give you access.

Regards
Richard

Ryan
Startpage WITHOUT Responsive Widget: kjr-bb.1stage.de
(I am using 2 Click Youtube Videos Pro - 2CYV plugin instead, but would rather use Responsive Widget
You can see that even here, the Instagram frame goes full width while loading, but then gets corrected, so maybe it is just the order in which JS is being loaded.

Responsive Widgets is not being loaded on this page. I confirmed this by looking at the page source and Network list in the Browser Console.

Ryan Demmer

sageman
[quotePost id="113130"]
Responsive Widgets is not being loaded on this page. I confirmed this by looking at the page source and Network list in the Browser Console.[/quotePost]

Yes, this is a reference to see what the top plugin should look like. But what about the first site?
kjr.1stage.de

Ryan
Yes, this is a reference to see what the top plugin should look like. But what about the first site?
kjr.1stage.de

It's not active on this page either.

Ryan Demmer