You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113205 Image Manager Extended - Responsive

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 10 April 2023 19:36 BST

trlbldr
It would be helpful to be able to download a PDF user guide for this - well, for JCE Pro. The online user instructions don't describe the newer user interface and I'm stuck trying to find how to enter the Source and what sizes to set for Responsive images (see attached file).

Sincerely,

Don White

trlbldr
No response after five days???

Ryan
Apologies for the delay in responding.

Updating of documentation is an ongoing process that has to fit within development and support schedules, one of the challenges of running a 1 man operation! I hope to have most of the Image Manager Extended docs updated by next week.

I'm stuck trying to find how to enter the Source and what sizes to set for Responsive images

When in the Responsive tab, click into the first Source field, then select an image to use for this field. Check each subsequant image to include, and a new Source field will be create for each.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/113205-image-manager-extended-responsive.gif

For the sizes, you need to decide if you want to use the Device Pixel Ratio or Width Descriptor, and set the relevant W or X values for each image accordingly. This is explained in the documentation - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/image-manager-extended/responsive-tab

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

trlbldr
Sorry for nagging you earlier and thanks for your reply! I'll try those steps again; when I last attempted this procedure, I had already selected an image from a source folder, but that path did not appear in the Responsive / Source field.

blackrat999
Sorry to jump on this one but it is exactly what i am trying to do and despite the video instruction i cant get it to work! 🙁

I have a landscape high res image for the large devices and a portrait image for all smaller ones so it shouldnt be too hard but i only seem to be able to get the portrait image stretched and out of proportion, the site is live so i have removed it and only have the landscape one showing at the moment.

https://www.littlewarhamholidaycottages.co.uk/

Can you please point out where i am going wrong?

Attachments

Ryan
First, you need to add the following to your template stylesheet:

img {
  max-width: 100%;
  height: auto;
}
This will ensure that images are resized responsively when the browser window sized is change (resized, orientation change or device size change) Looking at the code for the image on your site, it does not look like Responsive image was applied. The srcset value should be
 srcset="https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/images/home-images/little-warham-cottage-living-room-welcome-2.jpg 2x"

Ryan Demmer

blackrat999
Perfect many thanks

trlbldr
There's nothing I've seen in the JCE documentation or the embedded online Help for the component that mentions a template override. Thanks for the information, though.
Prior to the Joomla 4 conversion from Joomla 3, I used a CSS setting built in the RocketTheme template ('img-responsive') to tag images. Seems that tag no longer works.

Ryan
[quotePost id="113557"]There's nothing I've seen in the JCE documentation or the embedded online Help for the component that mentions a template override. Thanks for the information, though.
Prior to the Joomla 4 conversion from Joomla 3, I used a CSS setting built in the RocketTheme template ('img-responsive') to tag images. Seems that tag no longer works.[/quotePost]

It's not really a template override, just an addition. Most template stylesheets already include the above css as it's a pretty standard thing now for responsive images.

Ryan Demmer