You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#113224 User settings and JCE Media

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by grabit on Wednesday, 15 March 2023 11:11 GMT

grabit
I am entering an issue.
I just created a user with administrator level. This user can access the core teaser and main images and edit them. But the same user can't use the created field with Media JCE. They don't see the buttons to upload.

Am I wrong somewhere?

Ryan
But the same user can't use the created field with Media JCE. They don't see the buttons to upload.

Please post a screenshot.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

grabit
Here is the requested screenshot

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login -> https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

grabit
credentials sent

Ryan
I think the issue here is with that particular filed, as the JCE Media Field does work for Images & Links for the Administrator user group.

Also, If I disable the JCE Media Field, the Joomla Media Field is used for Images & Links (expected) but does not appear to work for this "Visuals/Downloads/Links common" field area.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Ok, scrathc that. Had another look at this, and it looks like the Permissions for the specific "Download" field were incorrect. In the Permissions tab for that field, for the Administrator group, the Edit Custom Field Value option must be set to Allowed.

I have set this value on the site.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/113224-user-settings-and-jce-media.jpg

Ryan Demmer

grabit
Thanks Ryan,

You were almost right. with your investigation, I found that the problem was on a higher level: in the com content permission settings, I had to change the "edit custom field value" to "Allowed" and all the fields are now allowed for that category of user.

Have a great day!