You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#113238 Image and File folders

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by terrabit on Sunday, 19 March 2023 12:43 GMT

terrabit
Hi.
Using latest version of Joomla 4 and JCE Editor.
I have a /images folder for the site images and a /files folder to store files that will be linked (pdf and so on).
I have not been able to configure JCE to open properly those folders.
If I left plugin File directory path blank, image and link on the editor and even "Image and Links" tab all default to images folder. So when trying to link a file from files folder, it opens the folder "Images". Tried all possible combinations in the Editor Parameters and in the Plugin Parameters.

If I put "files" in File Browser->File directory path, the editor works fine (thus image opens images folder, link opens files folder) but then "Images and links" tab opens the files folder not the images one. A mess!

Could you please clarify me what configuration I should have to be able of open "images" folder when adding an image and "files" folder when trying to link to a file AND open "images" folder when click on select in the "Images and Links" tab?

Thank you in advance.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

This now includes File Browser options for the Link dialg (in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters ->Link), so you can set the File Directory Path for this seperately, and set the File Directory Path for the File Browser to "images" for the Into Image etc. fields.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

terrabit
It worked!
Thank you.