You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Friday, 17 March 2023
  33 Replies
  1.3K Visits
After updating to JCE Pro 2.9.34 and using 'Paste Plain Text' no text is inserted in an article. The popup window closes without change to the content (and without message). 'Paste' however works as before.

Edit: No change after installing JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta 1. Had to return to 2.9.33.

Thanks Tom
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
I am having the same problem with 2.9.34
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer

more than a month ago
·

Thank you, Ryan, installing 2.9.35 Beta 2 solved the problem.
ThoKay selected the reply #113254 as the answer for this post — 1 year ago
more than a month ago
·
Sorry, but the problem is not only plain text. I've installed 2.9.35 beta 2 ...and apparently it seemed to fix the problem.
But I've noticed on several websites that there are other problems as well.

For example: I copy and paste a text, format it, insert links, if I press "save" from joomla, the text is completely deleted, and everything I pasted with control+c and control+v disappears.

I do not recommend the installation. I had to completely uninstall the beta, and reinstall version 2.9.33
more than a month ago
·
For example: I copy and paste a text, format it, insert links, if I press "save" from joomla, the text is completely deleted, and everything I pasted with control+c and control+v disappears.

This sounds like an unrelated issue. I am unable to reproduce this.

Does this only happen with content you have pasted in? What about other content, eg: images, typed in text etc.?

more than a month ago
·

This sounds like an unrelated issue. I am unable to reproduce this.

Does this only happen with content you have pasted in? What about other content, eg: images, typed in text etc.?

Hi Ryan, I received the report from a website that does daily reporting.

Even I couldn't replicate the problem, I had to connect remotely and look at its screen to understand the problem and be able to replicate it.

I started from the non-functioning of the "paste as plain text" button, which in fact was resolved with the installation of the beta 2 version.
If I write a text, and press the "save" or "save and close" button, it is correctly saved.

If I create a new article, or open an existing one to modify it, copy and paste text from a word (for example), I modify that copied text, with formatting (bold, italic, underline for example), then insert even a link to a word, the moment I save, the whole paragraph is deleted from the word I tried to link to.

Even I couldn't figure out where the problem was, until I remotely saw the problem with my own eyes.
I followed the same procedure on my mac, and in fact the problem repeated itself.

I had to completely uninstall JCE and reinstall version 2.9.33 which works fine.
more than a month ago
·
I followed the same procedure on my mac, and in fact the problem repeated itself.

Are you able to reproduce this locally, or only on this specific site?

Before saving, if you view the html in the Code tab, do you notice anything unusual?

more than a month ago
·

Are you able to reproduce this locally, or only on this specific site?

Before saving, if you view the html in the Code tab, do you notice anything unusual?

Hi Ryan, as I wrote, on the website where I could see the problem, I had to intervene immediately reverting to version 2.9.33.

This I did when I determined that the problem was real.

I have a staging area where I can try to reinstall the new version to replicate the problem in a video. Can it help you?
Clearly I too am interested in the solution to the problem that took me two hours of work today.

Tell me how I can help you.
more than a month ago
·
I have a staging area where I can try to reinstall the new version to replicate the problem in a video. Can it help you?

Yes this would help. As I am unable to reproduce this issue in testing, it is difficult to determine the cause and provide a fix.

more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan,
unfortunately the simulation on my mac is not successful.

I asked to provide me the browser settings of the PC on which we saw the problem.
I anticipate that the problem was replicated both on firefox and on chrome and on two different windows PCs.

I use mac, I also tried to simulate it on a virtual windows instance, but I can't replicate the problem.
It is clear that it is a cross-browsing problem, it could also be something not compatible with existing extensions on both browsers.

I have to investigate further. However, the problems of version 2.9.34 remain, those also happen on my mac.

If I can replicate the problem again, I'll prepare a video for you.
more than a month ago
·
Hi Ryan, I'll keep you posted. Since I can't replicate the problem on a clean joomla installation, but not even on my mac workstation that is Firefox and Windows, I asked the owner of the website where the problem occurred to reproduce the case for me.

I cloned the whole website in a staging area and I redid the update of Joomla to version 4.2.9 and of the editor to the same version 2.9.34, to then install the 2.9.35 beta 2.

The problem manifested itself on beta 2. Next Monday, from the same PC, they will repeat the problem and we will be able to understand if it is cross-browsing or something else.

In the meantime, if anyone else has had the same problem, which is related to copy pasting anyway, I'd be happy to read.

Thank you
more than a month ago
·
I cloned the whole website in a staging area and I redid the update of Joomla to version 4.2.9 and of the editor to the same version 2.9.34, to then install the 2.9.35 beta 2.

Can you provide the editor profile from this site, so I can check the settings? In the Profiles list, select the active profile to export, then click the Export button. Zip it and post it as an attachment here, or email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

more than a month ago
·
Does this happen with all Word documents, or just a specific one? What about content copied from another website and pasted into the editor?

more than a month ago
·
This happens for me in 3.10.11 and with text copied from anywhere.
more than a month ago
·
This happens for me in 3.10.11 and with text copied from anywhere.

Can you provide more detail? Are you using JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

more than a month ago
·
I'm using JCE 2.9.34 editing on Windows via Firefox - it occurs on all of my sites on J3.10.11

2.9.35 beta resolves the issue.

When can we expect a release?
more than a month ago
·
I think I'm having the same problem.

I was working on updating from php 7.4.33 (JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta 1 and 2 works)

To php 8.0.28 (JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta 1 and 2 do not work).
more than a month ago
·
I installed pkg_jce_pro_2935-beta2.zip on my completely up to date J4 site and paste as text now works. It did not work with pkg_jce_pro_2934.zip
more than a month ago
·
I have the same issue on one site , in j3.10
and I have created one blank site on the same server, it is the same as soon as I update.
more than a month ago
·
Thank you for confirming that JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta fixes the Paste As Plain Text issue. An update will be releaed next week.

I am also attempting to determine if any other users are having an issue saving content pasted from Word (or other sources) as detailed in the post above - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/113251-jce-pro-2-9-34-paste-plain-text-issue#reply-113263

more than a month ago
·
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. Standard copy and paste works fine, it's just the Paste As Plain Text that's the problem. I tried installing the beta release, but it didn't make any difference. Website in questions is 3.10.11. I haven't had a chance to look at any other sites. Most clients just copy and paste, rather than using the Paste As Plain Text, so it's not an issue for most of them.

Sarah
more than a month ago
·
sarahhayes - Please clear your browser cache after install JCE Pro 2.9.35 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

more than a month ago
·
That did the trick!
Thank you
more than a month ago
·
Hi.
after updating to JCE Pro 2.9.34 I have several issues with pasting text
using 'Paste Plain Text' -> no text is inserted in an article,
using 'Paste' -> text is in one line, no line breaks at all
CTRL+V paste text but doesn't keep both line breaks (one for new line and one for empty line), example:
text

text
text

When paste doesn't keep empty line by creating empty DIV, Pad Empty Tags is set to YES.

Editor Global Configuration:
Div Container & Div on Enter

Profile Configuration:
Plugin Parameters ->Clipboard->Microsoft Word® cleanup->Only if detected
If I choose "always" each text line is wrapped in Paragraph still need two empty lines to get one empty paragraph between.
How to setup Configuration?
more than a month ago
·
Please install JCE Pro 2.9.35 RC - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Clear your browser cache after install.

more than a month ago
·
CTRL+V paste text but doesn't keep both line breaks (one for new line and one for empty line), example:
text

text
text

What is the source of the pasted content? Is it copied form a Word document?

When paste doesn't keep empty line by creating empty DIV, Pad Empty Tags is set to YES.

Editor Global Configuration:
Div Container & Div on Enter

Pasting from Word will not replace paragraphs in Word with <div> tags in the editor.

more than a month ago
·
It is not copied form a Word document
Text is prepared in simple txt file.
I need for empty line to keep previous input method <div> </div>

How to configure and not to force user to duble empty line.
more than a month ago
·
If you are pasting text, then each double linebreak in the text will be replaced with a <p> or <div> tag, eg:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

becomes:

<div>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.</div>
<div>Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. <br />Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.</div>

more than a month ago
·
How to past text:
text

text
text

and get result:
<div>text</div>
<div> </div>
<div>text</div>
<div>text</div>

:)
I need to configure it.
more than a month ago
·
After upgrading to version 2.9.34, it also became difficult to edit tables. For example, the ability to insert a new row before or after, by right-clicking on a row, disappeared.

This functionality was restored when upgrading to 2.9.35 rc1.
more than a month ago
·
Same problem here. How can I get back to version 2.9.33?
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
Thank you. Working again.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!