You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113280 Fix with and heigt size of a image in the image-editor of JCE

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by fvdn on Saturday, 18 March 2023 15:03 GMT

fvdn
Hi,

I have make a new profile in JCE. This is for sombody who can add from the frontpage a small article. So some limited options are gifen to do this.
One of the things is that also a image can be inserted.
But i want that the standard size of the picture is width (400px) height (300px)
In the settings of the profile i cant find where to set this.
please let me now this.

Fred

Ryan
But i want that the standard size of the picture is width (400px) height (300px)

Do you want all uploaded images to be resized to these dimensions, or are you referring to setting the size of existing images?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fvdn
yes all the images that are uploaded must be resized to 400x300 px, in this profile.

fvdn
I already found the solution myself.

At the plugin parameter - extended image editor its possible to put some CSS style there.
I put there: max-width: 400px; max-height: 300px
And now the image is always that size.

Nice.

Ryan
Happy that you found a solution, and there are a few other options: 1. In Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem, set Upload Reisze Options to No, Upload Resize State to Yes, and in the Resize area, set the Width and Height value for resizing. All images the user uploads will be resize to fit within 400 x 300. https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/113280-fix-with-and-heigt-size-of-a-image-in-the-image-editor-of-jce.jpg 2. Use the max-width and max-height css styles as above, but added to your template stylesheet, with a special css rule, eg:

img.max_size {
    max-width: 400px;
    max-height: 300px;
}
then in the Image Manager Extended parameters, set a Classes value of max_size, which will be added to every image inserted. You can then adjust the max-width and max-height values in future, to affect all images with the class value.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fvdn
Yes indeed more options to the goal, thx for that

Fred