You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113429 How to disable #joomlaImage values in the url

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by fvandermeer on Thursday, 23 March 2023 12:27 GMT

fvandermeer
Goodmorning,
Since the last update of JCE the editor adds information to the image-url: "Converted Joomla Media fields (Intro Image, Full Article Image etc.) will now include the #joomlaImage values in the url."

How can I disable this, as I don't want data this in the image-urls.

Thanks,
Frank

Ryan
The JCE Media Field that replaces the core Joomla Media Field for Into Image, Full Aricle Image etc. is only a replacement for the input field, and the dialog to select the file, it does not replace how the field is rendered in the front-end.

Because of this, Joomla still requires the #joomlaImage variables on the image url to correctly render the field in the front-end, which is why it has been included.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fvandermeer
Thanks Ryan, so it is something Joomla does, not something JCE does and I don't have to worry about it?
Thanks,
Frank

Ryan
[quotePost id="113431"]Thanks Ryan, so it is something Joomla does, not something JCE does and I don't have to worry about it?
Thanks,
Frank[/quotePost]

JCE adds the #joomlaImage variables because it is what the Joomla Media Field does (if it was not being replaced by JCE), and is required for some of the features of the Joomla Media Field.

You shouldn't notice it when the field is rendered in the front-end.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fvandermeer
OK, thanks again!
Frank