You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#113471 Watermark in Thumbnails

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 31 March 2023 15:41 BST

chrisrot
Hi,

I use Image Manger Extended to upload images, add watermarks and create thumnails. The watermarks are added to the "main" image, but not to the thumbnail.

Is it possible to add the watermark in the thumbnail, too? I searched the options but didn't find the correct one.

Christoph

Ryan
Thumbnails are created from the original image, not the processed (watermarked) image.

If you skip the thumbnail step, then create the thumbnail after upload using the Create Thumbnail tool - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/file-browser/thumbnail-editor - then the resulting thumbnail will contain the watermark.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

chrisrot
Thanks, this works.

However, now the watermark is also scaled down. Would it be possible to add the option to apply the watermark after the scaling?

Ryan
[quotePost id="113475"]Thanks, this works.

However, now the watermark is also scaled down. Would it be possible to add the option to apply the watermark after the scaling?[/quotePost]

With this method, no, as the thumbnail is created from the already watermarked image. If the thumbnail was created from a watermarked image during upload, then the same would apply.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I will have another look at the upload process and see if there is a way to apply the watermark to thumbnail image as well as the original image, so the watermark remains in scale.

Ryan Demmer