You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#113801 Compress Javascript in version 2.9.36 causes issues with Showtime Image Gallery

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Picannick on Wednesday, 24 May 2023 15:32 BST

Picannick
Hi there,

We are using Showtime Image Gallery by Firecoders. You can add image description for every image in this component. But JCE is not working, you are not able to click in the editor field and if you write something in the code mode than it will not show up when you switch back to the editor mode.

Lefteris, the developer of Showtime, found out that if we turn off "Compress Javascript" everything works fine again. With JCE Pro 2.9.33 and JCE Core 2.9.36 it also works fine even if "Compress Javascript" is turned on.

Could you please have a look at this or provide the current Pro version to Lefteris (https://www.firecoders.com) so that he can fix this?

Kind regards
Tanja Vogt
Webman Webdesign

Ryan
Do you have a JCE Language Pack installed?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Picannick
Hi Ryan,

no, we don't have a language pack installed.
I will send you the login, so that you can have a look at this.

kind regards
Tanja

Ryan
This works OK for me in Firefox but not in Chrome. I suspect it has something to do with the initialization of the editor in the popup window by ShowTime, but there is no specific javascript error so it is difficult to troubleshoot.

The simplest fix here is just to leave Compress Javascript off. There is not really much of a performance increase with this on, as modern browsers can sometimes load multiple files (JCE scripts and plugin files) faster than loading one big file (the compressed file data).

Ryan Demmer

Picannick
Hi Ryan,

thank you for checking. For me the problem also occurs in Firefox but it is ok to leave the compressing off. I just wanted to let you know because Lefteris couldn't find something that has changed.

Kind regards, Tanja