You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#113820 Econa plugin issue after upgrade to 2.9.37

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jjonker on Thursday, 25 May 2023 13:36 BST

jjonker
Hi! After the update to 2.9.37 we have an issue with the Econa custom field plugin from Firecoders. I have also contacted Lefteris about this but when I turn of the JCE Editor plugin in the backend the Econa plugin works fine.

The issue is that we can not use the buttons in the econa custom field anymore. Joomla flips to the article list view and the article is locked. When I turn of the JCE plugin the econa plugin works again. I suspect it's a javascript issue? Also, when the JCE plugin is disabled (JCE Editor Pro - Administrator-Component) the close button of the article stops working. Not sure it that is related.

This is only an issue on Joomla 3.

Joomla! 3.10.11
JCE Editor Pro - 2.9.37-rc2
PHP 8.0.28

Ryan
In the JCE Control Panel, click on the Options button, then in the General Options tab, set JCE File Browser in Image Fields to No and Save.

Does this make any difference to this issue?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jjonker
Yes, that solves this issue. But I am not sure if there might be other consequences to disabling that option?

Ryan
This will stop Joomla Media fields being converted into JCE Media Fields.

I'm assuming this was working ok in JCE Pro 2.9.36?

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Yes this was working before. We only have this issue since a recent JCE update. Not sure if it was 35 or 36...

Ryan
I don't have the plugin in question to test with, can you send me a login? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
The issue is that we can not use the buttons in the econa custom field anymore. Joomla flips to the article list view and the article is locked.

This is caused by a javascript error in the Econa /media/econa/js/main.min.js file, which then prevents further processing of Econa HTML, so the buttons you press execute a page submit rather than their intended function.

It looks like there is just a simple conflict here, where Econa is trying to convert the Joomla Media Field after JCE has converted it. In this instance its probably easiest just to disable Media field conversion by JCE, as I suggested above.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
FYI - Disabling Media field conversion can also be done in the Editor Profile, in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser.

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Yes we could change that setting to make it work but that would also mean users will see the Joomla media editor when the use the 'media' button in the Econa plugin. If we want the JCE media browser to be used here, the conflict would need to be resolved? Maybe Lefteris (from Econa) could have a look at that.

And this issue is only J3 related? In that case we should probably upgrade asap anyway ;-)

Ryan
Can I test some changes to JCE Pro on this site for the next few hours? Perhaps I can find the cause of the issue.

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Yes you can. No problem

Leferis (Econa developer) asked: I want to note that everything works fine with JCE 2.9.36. Probably something changed in JCE 2.9.37. Maybe the guys at JCE can share some more information regarding the last JCE update so we can fin the issue quickly.

Ryan
I have fixed this on your site with an install of JCE Pro 2.9.38 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

jjonker
Hi Ryan! I have also tried this dev version on another site and can confirm this has solved the issue. Thanks man!