You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours:
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:00 Europe/London (BST)
  Wednesday, 30 November 2016
  55 Replies
  20.4K Visits
Since upgrading to JCE PRO 2.6.0 I am having an issue when uploading images (jpg) using image manager extended. I get an error "The server returned an invalid JSON response".

Full size images are actually uploaded despite the error, however thumbnails are not.

Any ideas on cause?

Regards

Jon

Using;
JCE PRO 2.6
Joomla 3.6.4
Ubuntu 14.04
PHP 5.6.3
more than a month ago
·

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Thanks for your prompt attention to the issue, however JCE Pro 2.6.1 does not resolve the issue?
more than a month ago
·
In Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem, do you have the Remove EXIF Data option enabled?

If you do and you disable it, do you still get the error when uploading an image?

more than a month ago
·
Hello i have the same problem. On the JCE Pro 2.6, EXIF Data option is disable. but the problem is not solve.
more than a month ago
·
@mbourel - Does this only happen when resize is checked?

more than a month ago
·
Yes
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
In my tests on your site the error occurs when uploading images bigger than 2Mb in size, when the resizing option is checked. Smaller images did not produce an error.

This suggests that the amount of memory allocated to PHP is insufficient to perform resizing on images of that size. Please ask you host to increase the amount of memory available to PHP, or enable PHP IMagick.

more than a month ago
·
Hi,
I have JCE Pro version (2.6.1) and jce cannot access to the images path through image manager. I obtain same error: "The server returned an invalid JSON response"

http://web.newac2.unusualperson.com/00006.jpg
more than a month ago
·
@naster - Does this only occur with the Image Manager Extended or also with the File Manager, Media Manager etc?

more than a month ago
·
Ryan,
Same problem with File Manager and Media Manager... :(
more than a month ago
·
@naster - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
Ok. I've just send you.

You must go to "Redacción" menu section.
more than a month ago
·
I'm having this same issue on my sites and my memory limit is 512M and Imagick is enabled.
more than a month ago
·
@Wytchcat - do the files and folders load in the Image Manager Extended?

more than a month ago
·
Hello! Same problem at my website since I've upgraded to 2.6.1. Done all the things I found on this thread but still no luck. My PHP memory limit is 512MB, so it would not be a PHP memory limit related problem. Any other fixes or I must downgrade the plugin?
more than a month ago
·
Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem configuration doesn't work. Same error. Could be a 2.6.1 jce bug?
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
I've just installed new beta version (2.6.2) but I have same error :(
more than a month ago
·
@naster - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
I'm having the same problem as jon.isherwood:
"Since upgrading to JCE PRO 2.6.0 I am having an issue when uploading images (jpg) using image manager extended. I get an error "The server returned an invalid JSON response".
Full size images are actually uploaded despite the error, however thumbnails are not."

My version is 2.6.1 in Joomla 3.6.5
The image is in the listing when I click Refresh in the Image manager extended, but the thumbnail is not created.

I tried the aforementioned 2.6.2 beta without result.
The latter also deleted the Resize width option in the profile.

Edit: it's not a file size issue, it happens with small files also.
more than a month ago
·
Ryan, you have already login.
more than a month ago
·
@naster - Please send me an admin login.

more than a month ago
·
@naster - I think your issue may be caused by your SEF extension. Please make sure that it is configured to skip com_jce if it has an option to do so.

more than a month ago
·
I dont't know how to set an exception on SEF extension. Anyone of this forum know how to do this?
more than a month ago
·
@naster - I assume you don't have the same problem when using JCE in the back-end?

Which SEF extension are you using?

more than a month ago
·
Hi i also have a "Invalid JSON response error" on several sites with no sef extensions. I reinstalled jce pro but same error.
any suggestion - thx 4 help
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
still the same error
more than a month ago
·

more than a month ago
·
@wisma - I uploaded 2 images to your site without any errors.

Do you get the error with all image uploads, or just a particular file?

more than a month ago
·
Your right it works now withe the updated version. thanks 4 help.

regards
more than a month ago
·
Works perfect with the beta update! Thanks a lot!
more than a month ago
·
I recently had to purchase the Pro subscription so that I could post on this forum and because I was - and still am - having the same problem as everyone else on this thread. I have tried everything that is mentioned here and am still having the problem.

I am using JCE 2.6.7.1 and Joomla 3.6.5.

Since I have now paid for the Pro subscription I would appreciate a response.
more than a month ago
·
@zinia - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
I sent you the login details. Sorry, I forgot to post that I had done that until now. I did quite a while ago.
more than a month ago
·
@zinia - Your site is generating a 403 Forbidden error when attempting to upload a file using the JCE Image Manager or JCE File Browser. This error is not being generated by JCE, and it is possible to upload using the Joomla Media Manager.

As there is no rule in your htaccess file that is causing this, I can only therefore conclude that something on your site, or your server, is deliberately blocking uploads by JCE. Please contact your host about this.

more than a month ago
·
This problem only started with last set of Joomla and JCE updates. It used to work perfectly. I am able to upload an image with TinyMCE Image Manager so it makes little sense that my webhost would somehow prohibit JCE Image Manager to work but allow TinyMCE.

I will contact my webhost about it but I doubt they'll be able to solve the problem. In which case I will have to stop using JCE which means that I will request my money back as I only bought the Pro version so that I could post on the forum and get this issue resolved.
more than a month ago
·
I am able to upload an image with TinyMCE Image Manager so it makes little sense that my webhost would somehow prohibit JCE Image Manager to work but allow TinyMCE.

There may be a specific set of variables that the server is blocking, or a limit on the number of post variables imposed by the server. I see that the server is running the PHP Suhosin extension, which may have been configured in such a way as to cause the upload issue.

more than a month ago
·
After several emails back and forth with the webhost, they finally found and corrected the problem. Here is what they said:
What might be stopping it is the mod_security on the server.
I've disabled that now by adding the following rule to your .htaccess:

<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

It is now working as it should.
more than a month ago
·
Hello all. If anyone is still having this issue, I had to install php mbstring. Once that was installed, it was back to normal uploading.

Hope this helps someone.
Jon
more than a month ago
·
JCE Pro 2.6.10 won't require PHP MB String functions, unless you require UTF-8 filenames, but MB String is recommended.

more than a month ago
·
Hello all, fix is very easy. There is a problem with warning message before JSON data. Fix is very easy in Joomla 1.5 in /plugins/system/djfacel.php

line 604:
foreach($arrayCategory as $questoGid) {
$sectionid = $questoGid->section;
}

fix add only one line before and one line after:
error_reporting(0);
foreach($arrayCategory as $questoGid) {
$sectionid = $questoGid->section;
}
error_reporting(1);
more than a month ago
·
I have the same problem :(
more than a month ago
·
@h.alameer - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
@h.alameer - I was able to upload four images in a single attempt without any error.

Do you get the error when you upload any image, or just a specific image, perhaps with a specific name?

more than a month ago
·
Sorry, the problem appear in the front editing
more than a month ago
·
Hello,
when I try to upload a mp4 file size bigger than 5 MB I get the message "The server returned an invalid JSON response."
I am using JCE pro 2.6.23.
Need some help.
Thank you
more than a month ago
·
@jdemoc - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

more than a month ago
·
Hello,

got the same issue. The server responded with HTTP error 413 in my case.

I needed to add

SSLRenegBufferSize 10486000

to the Apache SSL config.
more than a month ago
·
I am having the same issue on Joomla 3.9.1, JCE version 2.6.33. I believe the issue is with the resizing. I have an image that is 2.5MB and it uploads with no problem in JCE Image Manager and Media Manager. When I try to upload and resize with JCE Image Manager Extended, I get the error:

The server returned an invalid JSON response.

Is adding SSLRenegBufferSize the fix for this, or is there something else?
more than a month ago
·
I am having the same issue on Joomla 3.9.1, JCE version 2.6.33. I believe the issue is with the resizing. I have an image that is 2.5MB and it uploads with no problem in JCE Image Manager and Media Manager. When I try to upload and resize with JCE Image Manager Extended, I get the error:

The server returned an invalid JSON response.

Go to System -> System Information -> PHP Information.

Scroll down and look for imagick (see below)

If you don't see this, speak to your host about enabling PHP IMagick on your server.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/87625-uploading-images-invalid-json-response.jpg

more than a month ago
·
Thank you for the quick response. In my case it was a local ini file that was overriding the server default settings for the memory_limit. It was set to 32M. The ini files was removed and all is well again. :)
more than a month ago
·
Hello I am having this same problem. We have two Joomla sites and on one I am able to upload pictures fine; on the other I get the error message: The server returned an invalid JSON response. It also does not show the files that are already uploaded to insert.
more than a month ago
·
@ This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!