You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours:
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:00 Europe/London (BST)
  Monday, 25 June 2018
  2 Replies
  3.5K Visits
I apologise if this has been covered somewhere I have searched the forums and documentation to no avail.

I am setting up a new KB site for internal use using Joomla. The articles are all very image heavy step-by-step guides and thus require import of a lot of pictures. I bought JCE to use some of the advanced functions like the content templates without having to dig into the code files on the server like when using TinyMCE.

I have inline image upload setup and working, I can drag and drop an image from desktop to article if I drag the image file however I would like to be able to paste an image directly from the clipboard. We have a tool on the local computers that allows image edit and it places the output image in the clipboard to paste with ctrl+v into the appropriate location in the document like Word etc. This actually works fine in TinyMCE default configuration on Joomla but I can't seem to get it to work in JCE or maybe it's not a feature.

If it is not a feature can I request it? This speeds up our article creation process immeasurably.

Using latest everything, server was only setup last week. Joomla 3.8.8 JCE 3.6.31 etc. I am also using a Gantry 4 RocketTheme and plan to us Rokboxes if I can make it work smoothly.

Thanks.
more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
This actually works fine in TinyMCE default configuration on Joomla

Yes, the image is pasted into the editor in Tinymce, but this is done using the base64 encoded rae data of the image, which is not what you want to use to display in the front-end.

To correctly display the image in an article - using the url of the image - requires the image to be uploaded to your site.

When pasting content containing images from Word, JCE provides a placeholder for that image, which you can click on to select and upload the appropriate image. The placeholder is then replaced with the uploaded image.

To do this, in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Clipboard, set Process images for upload to Yes and Save.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/96378-paste-image-from-clipboard.jpg

Then when pasting the content into the article a placeholder for the image will be generated. Mouse over the placeholder and click on the Upload button to select and upload the image. After the upload is completed, the placeholder is replaced with the image.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/96378-paste-image-from-clipboard.gif

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Accepted Answer
This actually works fine in TinyMCE default configuration on Joomla

Yes, the image is pasted into the editor in Tinymce, but this is done using the base64 encoded rae data of the image, which is not what you want to use to display in the front-end.

To correctly display the image in an article - using the url of the image - requires the image to be uploaded to your site.

When pasting content containing images from Word, JCE provides a placeholder for that image, which you can click on to select and upload the appropriate image. The placeholder is then replaced with the uploaded image.

To do this, in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Clipboard, set Process images for upload to Yes and Save.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/96378-paste-image-from-clipboard.jpg

Then when pasting the content into the article a placeholder for the image will be generated. Mouse over the placeholder and click on the Upload button to select and upload the image. After the upload is completed, the placeholder is replaced with the image.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/96378-paste-image-from-clipboard.gif

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

more than a month ago
·
Ahh ok that makes sense now. Thanks for explaining, I did play with the placeholders but we aren't pasting from Word or using something that has text + image just image. I'll try to find another way to speed up the workflow. Even though this will never be a public website I'd much rather the images stored on the server than encoded in the article as you suggest.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!