You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#99214 Unable to insert audio file without setting custom width and height values

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 08 April 2019 18:43 BST

mbiolsi
When attempting to insert an audio (mp3) file via the Media Manager ("Insert/Edit Media" button) the "Insert" button will not work unless a width and height is input manually. This was never required before, and audio files should not require a custom width/height.

I have only observed this on audio files; video files work normally, as do images and links.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.8 Beta 4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mbiolsi
I'd rather not install a Beta version on a client's production site. Does this mean it's a known issue that should be resolved in a later stable release?

Ryan
I periodically release beta versions prior to a stable release to fix issues as users report them, so that they can continue working until the main release.

This beta fixes your issue (and a number of others). I hope to release the "stable" version tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.