You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#99330 No Caption Buttons!

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 16 April 2019 17:16 BST

dotfact

I just installed the pro version pkg_jce_pro_278.zip because we nedd the image captions.
But in the menu of the JCE are no caption buttons to see.

Regards Martin

Ryan
After upgrading from JCE Core to JCE Pro, you need to add the Pro buttons you require to the editor toolbar.

Please see -https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/pro-buttons-missing-after-upgrade

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dotfact
Hi Ryan!
Thanks for your answer, but the Pro buttons are not draggable. I tried it in Firefox and in Chrome. Result: Dragging mode does not work. So it is not possible to move them up into the icon menu bar.
Please help!

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

dotfact
You just got it

Ryan
What I can determine from your site is that the issue is not limited to sorting / drag & drop in JCE Editor Profiles, but also affects drag & drop re-ordering of Articles in the Joomla Article Manager (Content -> Articles), and anywhere else that the Joomla sortable scripts are used, producing a javascript error when sorting / drag & drop is attempted.

I was unable to find the cause, but noticed that a javascript file for the "Prime" extension you have installed is loaded on each page, so perhaps this has something to do with it.

Ryan Demmer

dotfact
Well, thanks that far!
Even if it is not possible to drag the buttons or find the reason of that issue, there must be a way to tweak an item in one of your controlling files where you save such a drag button action. It would be very helpfull if you/we could resolve it this way!

The only reason for using your pro version is the abilty on having image captions in the editor

Ryan
Even if it is not possible to drag the buttons or find the reason of that issue, there must be a way to tweak an item in one of your controlling files where you save such a drag button action. It would be very helpfull if you/we could resolve it this way!

The issue here is not with the editor, but caused by something installed on your site, which is affecting other drag & drop processes as well. Therefore it is not something I can fix specifically for your site.

Ryan Demmer

dotfact
Okay, you are complete right and I do not want that you should fix a problem from another extension! 🙂
But there is no reason not use your pro version that far.
And a solution for having the buttons without the "drag thing" is to import a profile where these buttons are at the right place. What do you think about such a solution?

Ryan
Go to Editor Profiles, and select all the profiles in the list.

Click the Delete button.

Click Create / Restore in the message displayed. This will restore all the profiles to their "factory defaults"

Alternatively, import the profile in the attached zip (unzip first).

Attachments

jce_editor_profile_pro_default.zip

Ryan Demmer